musicradio77
04-18-2005, 06:25 AM
How about "Gilligan's Planet"?

gilligan fanatic
04-18-2005, 03:18 PM
it's on mine list

treky
04-20-2005, 03:18 AM
wasn't there one in the 70s that was based on "MASH" but with dogs, or something? I don't remember it, but I remember hearing about it.

I remember NBC had one in the 70s and early to mid-80s that was loosely based on "All in the Family" and starred a family of dogs.

treky
04-20-2005, 03:26 AM
"The Flinstones" was based on "The Honeymooners"-in fact, Jackie Gleason was going to sue Hanna-Barbara (creators of "The Flinstones") but he was told by his lawyer "Do you want to be known as the person who tried to bring down a show that's liked by millions of kids and adults?"

"Top Cat" was based on "Sgt. Bilko"/"The Phil Silvers show"/"You'll never get rich"

gilligan fanatic
04-20-2005, 03:14 PM
I never knew that about Top Cat

hch
04-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Does anyone remember Little Rosey, the cartoon based on ROSEANNE!

or how about movies: from popular movikes to cartoon series like Beethoven, Men in Black and Jumanji, and things like that?

jrb_wi
04-30-2005, 03:27 AM
"The Flinstones" was based on "The Honeymooners"-in fact, Jackie Gleason was going to sue Hanna-Barbara (creators of "The Flinstones") but he was told by his lawyer "Do you want to be known as the person who tried to bring down a show that's liked by millions of kids and adults?"

"Top Cat" was based on "Sgt. Bilko"/"The Phil Silvers show"/"You'll never get rich"

They referenced that on the Simpsons...

Roger Myers: "If it wasn't for someone plagiarizing The Honeymooners, we wouldn't have The Flintstones. If someone hadn't ripped off Sgt. Bilko, there'd be no Top Cat. Huckleberry Hound? Chief Wiggum? Yogi Bear? Hah! Andy Griffith! Edward G. Robinson! Art Carney!"