PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Carter's HIV

bb
10-01-2001, 12:20 PM
I read in here that Ralph Carter has HIV. This is the first I heard this though I remember a story in the Globe or one of those supermarket rags that tried to say that Carter was gay. Didnt say it point blank
but they sure hinted around it ( like they do with pretty much all other single male stars ). This was back in the early 90s.

Wonder how he is doing? He looked fairly healthy on the E's True Hollywood Story of Good Times awhile back.

Tracy
06-20-2002, 05:10 PM
To my knowlege his is neither gay or has HIV.

Pitooey
06-20-2002, 09:47 PM
If he's HIV positive I would be shocked. To me.......... he didn't look healthy on The E Hollywood story though. He appeared sick to me. :eek:

Emily
05-25-2003, 09:02 PM
It was in November 1996 when I read about Ralph Carter being HIV positive also. When I first read about this, I was heart-broken. I've seen photos of Ralph on TV since I've read that article in the Enquire, and yes I agree Ralph does look sickly and pale. Whether this HIV thing is true or not, I just hope Ralph is alive and well.

GeorgiaboyJeff!
05-26-2003, 08:44 PM
I heard about that too! He's the guy who plays Michael right??

Emily
05-27-2003, 06:59 PM
Yes Georgiaboy, Ralph Carter portrayed Michael Evans. I used to have a mad crush on hime when I was sixteen. But my "kind" mother used to call him "that big nose boy" :lol:

MsMaia
11-09-2003, 01:30 PM
A friend of mine said that they've seen Ralph Carter numerous times in NY. He supposedly owns some type of African Art business in Harlem, and she said that he was indeed gay.

Fall Back Doggie
03-04-2004, 05:24 PM
he acted gay on the show! how can you not see this...the way he walked, the kid had the mannerisms of a fruit...my pops even told me when he used to watch the show back in the 70's, that everyone thought he acted pretty gay...

TVFactFan
03-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Fall Back Doggie
he acted gay on the show! how can you not see this...the way he walked, the kid had the mannerisms of a fruit...my pops even told me when he used to watch the show back in the 70's, that everyone thought he acted pretty gay...

It really showed in season 3

marvin g
03-09-2004, 08:27 PM
I was about too say, if he "acted" gay or "seemed" that way it wasn't until he was a teenager because in the beginning he was the tough little militant.

Lady T
03-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Sitcom Analyzer
It really showed in season 3 I never thought he acted gay at all, there are a lot of actors that everybody thought were a homosexual and they were actually very straight; so it is really hard to tell if an actor is gay or not...

TVFactFan
03-10-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. R.N.HARRIS
I never thought he acted gay at all, there are a lot of actors that everybody thought were a homosexual and they were actually very straight; so it is really hard to tell if an actor is gay or not...

It's really noticeable in the episode-J.J in Trouble and Rent Party

Lady T
03-10-2004, 11:53 PM
It's really noticeable in the episode-J.J in Trouble and Rent Party

I am curious how did he act gay?
Was he flirting with Jimmie Walker?:lol:

TVFactFan
03-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. R.N.HARRIS
I am curious how did he act gay?
Was he flirting with Jimmie Walker?:lol:

The way he was speaking and his actions.

Lady T
03-11-2004, 12:00 AM
The way he was speaking and his actions.

Oh! Well I hope and Pray that he is not HIV positive....

Pitooey
03-11-2004, 10:43 AM
He acted feminine.....

vashti1999
03-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Pitooey
He acted feminine.....

It was probably closer to Ralph naturally being who he was than him "acting feminine"

Fall Back Doggie
03-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by vashti1999
It was probably closer to Ralph naturally being who he was than him "acting feminine"

which was naturally gay.

laneyday
03-22-2004, 06:05 PM
:confused:

marvin g
03-22-2004, 09:48 PM
It seems it is a popular to call someone gay as it to be gay nowadays.

AquaHarmony
04-14-2004, 08:44 PM
I will say, if he is HIV positive, I feel for him, but I will also say, I did notice his "tendencies" on that rent show for Wanda as well. Especially when he sung that song, when you're young and in love. The moves and everything, was not something a straight male would do, or not the straight males I know.

laneyday
04-14-2004, 10:22 PM
But what you hear, if you don't stand on your own belief, will form what you see.:eek:

Lady T
04-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by laneyday
Why is everyone assuming that Ralph Carter is gay? I got information straight out of his mouth that he's married(to a woman) with two kids. I was told by someone who knows him that he is married to a very beautiful sista and has two children; there are a lot of celebrities that live private lives that people assume that they are gay...Which to me is completely ludicrous....

CCH
04-21-2004, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Undercover Angel
I was told by someone who knows him that he is married to a very beautiful sista and has two children; there are a lot of celebrities that live private lives that people assume that they are gay...Which to me is completely ludicrous....

I do know that Ralph Carter is NOT married and has no kids. I don't know where you get all your info from but it's all wrong ....

Lady T
04-21-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by CCH
I do know that Ralph Carter is NOT married and has no kids. I don't know where you get all your info from but it's all wrong .... As I stated I was told by someone that he was married; all I know that person could be wrong...but there is absolutely ZERO proof, (Unless Ralph Carter confesses) that he is gay...

CCH
04-22-2004, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Undercover Angel
As I stated I was told by someone that he was married; all I know that person could be wrong...but there is absolutely ZERO proof, (Unless Ralph Carter confesses) that he is gay...

No person has the right to ask Ralph Carter or anyone about his or her sex life ... That is just wrong :mad:

Lady T
04-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by CCH
No person has the right to ask Ralph Carter or anyone about his or her sex life ... That is just wrong :mad: Hey..I agree:) and I agree that is wrong...peace:

CCRYDER1968
04-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Believe half of what you see,and none of what you hear...

Lady T
04-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by CCRYDER1968
Believe half of what you see,and none of what you hear... Great Saying...and very true...:wave:

laneyday
06-08-2004, 02:30 PM
:wink2:

GeorgiaboyJeff!
06-09-2004, 06:47 PM
I agree the guy acted pretty femenine at times... Especially when he was rolling his neck with those serious statements he used to make. But just because someones femenine doesn't necessarily make them gay....

Lady T
06-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by GeorgiaboyJeff!
I agree the guy acted pretty femenine at times... Especially when he was rolling his neck with those serious statements he used to make. But just because someones femenine doesn't necessarily make them gay.... Right on! I have a male friend, that Everybody thinks is "GAY" which is a complete joke, because this individual loves women, and is very straight, but since he does not come off as being very "macho" people assume that he is a homosexual, which is very wrong, and very narrow minded...

laneyday
09-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Fall Back Doggie
which was naturally gay.

:(

buggermenot
02-06-2006, 11:17 PM
The fact is that homosexuality -- despite what the media would have us believe -- is very, very rare, occurring in something like only one in twenty-thousand individuals (or only two-hundredths of one-percent of the population). That by itself would make Ralph Carter's likelihood of homosexuality to be inarguably small, if not downright unusual.

comedyfreak
02-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Back in the 90's I seen Ralph reunited with his GT co-stars on the Arsenio Hall Show. He didn't look well on that episode of the show. Arsenio interivewed Ralph, John Amos, and JJ Walker.

MsMaia
02-07-2006, 10:17 AM
There's a picture of Ralph, Bernadette, and John Amos at Esther Rolle's funeral. Im gonna see if I can find it. I dont know if he is HIV positive or not, but its obvious he's been through some things.

Luckily, my friend said that hes into holistic medicine and that he's doing quite well. :)

EDIT:
http://www.valdefierro.com/wakel1.jpg
http://www.mzurisings.com/GALLERY/images/Vivian%20Reed,%20Jpyce%20Griffith,%20Ralph%20Carter,%20Rome%20Neal_jpg.jpg
He looks pretty good here.

Janice
02-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I don't know what illness he has, but it's obvious to me from the pictures, that he's not a well man. I hope he gets better.

Ireneparalegal
02-16-2006, 05:57 PM
There's a picture of Ralph, Bernadette, and John Amos at Esther Rolle's funeral. Im gonna see if I can find it. I dont know if he is HIV positive or not, but its obvious he's been through some things.

Luckily, my friend said that hes into holistic medicine and that he's doing quite well. :)

EDIT:
http://www.valdefierro.com/wakel1.jpg
http://www.mzurisings.com/GALLERY/images/Vivian%20Reed,%20Jpyce%20Griffith,%20Ralph%20Carter,%20Rome%20Neal_jpg.jpg
He looks pretty good here.
The fact that you state he is into "holistic medicines" speaks volumes abt something. He is obviously sick. What he has, only he, his friends and God knows, but no one takes any kind of medicine if they weren't sick. He doesn't look well for his age. He looks sickly.

lucy&vivfan
11-16-2013, 04:47 PM
He hasn't looked well for some time, which is very sad. He was a very attractive young man back in the day. To be honest, not to spread additional rumors here, but he looks as though he may have been a drug addict or had a severe bought with alcoholism.

Tap Dancer
11-16-2013, 08:19 PM
I guess I just don't see what everyone else sees. His face is a bit thin, but he doesn't look "sick" to me. IIRC, that photo was taken at Esther's funeral. He's the only person who looks serious. I'm sure he'd look better if he was beaming at the camera like everyone else. Does anyone have a more recent photo?

ramled
11-22-2013, 06:45 PM
I cannot say that he is "sick", but I agree he's had some bouts with drugs or alcohol. You can see it in his face. Also, he's got some dental issues (maybe some missing teeth) which drastically effects his jaw line and mouth positions. He looks older than his age too.

But I cannot attribute it to being "sick." I would bet it has more to do with drugs, and the lack of financial resources to clean up and groom well.

Jimmy Walker looks ever worse!

Wawwie
11-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Jimmy Walker looks ever worse!
Please! Jimmie Walker is like 65 years old now. Give him a break!

ThomasE
12-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Ralph is HIV positive, lives here in New York (Brooklyn) and is not gay according to Bernadette Stanis in an interview.

cleverfun3000
12-07-2013, 06:58 PM
It seems it is a popular to call someone gay as it to be gay nowadays.
What world are you living in that you would says that being gay is "popular"?? Certainly not in this country. It is neither popular or common. There are still a stronghold of millions of people that believe that it's a deviant sin against God, man and nature.Any lifestyle that is classified as such can NEVER be considered "popular".

Tap Dancer
12-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Ralph is HIV positive, lives here in New York (Brooklyn) and is not gay according to Bernadette Stanis in an interview.

Is the interview online anywhere?

ThomasE
12-20-2013, 10:30 PM
I can't remember where I read the interview. It has been more than a decade since it came out.

ramled
12-24-2013, 09:56 PM
I don't believe Stanis would ever out Ralph Carter as having HIV, when there is no written or oral admission from Ralph himself. That would never happen. I don't believe you at all. And of course, you have no source to share.

ThomasE
12-24-2013, 10:02 PM
That is your business if you choose to believe or not but please do not come posting as though somebody did something nasty to you. There is a way to get a point across. So please keep it in check. Besides, its been posted for years through various sources that he does have it but my goal is not to try and convince you. In fact, I really don't care. Ralph is doing his own thing and I wish him well.

ramled
12-27-2013, 10:23 PM
You know what, you are right. I can see how this email comes across as harsh. My bad and I wish I could delete and reword. I was really just reacting to my disbelief but I see how it reads like I am abrasively rejecting your belief. Not intended. My apologies.

I think I was more shocked by the statement that Stanis herself would publicly out Carter as having HIV, even moreso than any statement or accusation that he had HIV.

Now with all that cleared up, are you able to locate any source? I'll even take out "reliable" source and just ask for any source of any kind where either Stanis confirms Carter's HIV status, or any independent confirmation of his HIV? I am really look for anything you might have because I am very curious of the subject.

ThomasE
12-27-2013, 11:07 PM
You know what, you are right. I can see how this email comes across as harsh. My bad and I wish I could delete and reword. I was really just reacting to my disbelief but I see how it reads like I am abrasively rejecting your belief. Not intended. My apologies.

I think I was more shocked by the statement that Stanis herself would publicly out Carter as having HIV, even moreso than any statement or accusation that he had HIV.

Now with all that cleared up, are you able to locate any source? I'll even take out "reliable" source and just ask for any source of any kind where either Stanis confirms Carter's HIV status, or any independent confirmation of his HIV? I am really look for anything you might have because I am very curious of the subject.

Oh. It's all good. That is very big of you to apologize. That's really cool. All to the good. I read the article more than a decade ago. I will have to do some digging. However, like I said, it is your business and you have a right to your opinion about it.

hatwink
02-10-2014, 05:51 PM
At this point in time, I just wish Ralph well.I'm inclined to think he's probably gay, and it's sad that he has HIV, but he's a very intelligent man just listening to him on interviews and things, seems like a cool guy.

ThomasE
02-10-2014, 05:55 PM
I could not have said that better myself.

liane49
02-28-2014, 01:14 PM
It was in November 1996 when I read about Ralph Carter being HIV positive also. When I first read about this, I was heart-broken. I've seen photos of Ralph on TV since I've read that article in the Enquire, and yes I agree Ralph does look sickly and pale. Whether this HIV thing is true or not, I just hope Ralph is alive and well.
I didn't know it was ever comfirmed that he's gay or has HIV. Has Ralph come right out himself and said this? You can't really believe everthing you read.