PDA

View Full Version : Joey Cancelled!...

Brian Damage
04-08-2005, 11:14 AM
....in Australia that is. (Do me a favor and DON'T edit my title)

Friend is lost

02apr05

JOEY, Channel 9's great comedy hope for 2005, has been pulled from the air after poor ratings.

The Friends spin-off, starring Matt LeBlanc, is to be replaced by a reality show starring a domestic hero.
Joey and the Charlie Sheen sitcom Two and a Half Men are making way for Supernanny, the US-produced series featuring Jo Frost, who tries to bring peace and order to dysfunctional families.

The decision will disappoint LeBlanc, who told the Herald Sun three weeks ago that the sitcom was finding its feet.

dlemond
04-08-2005, 11:19 AM
Man, I wish I lived in Australia.

I kid, I kid.

;)

But Joey seriously needs to improve to for me to watch anymore though.
To me it is a serious letdown.

I can't believe I'm actually watch John Stamos at this point.

slackermonkey
04-09-2005, 03:30 PM
That was just a rumor. It and "Two and a Half Men" are being taken off the Australian schedule for a month, but are being put back.

db108108
04-22-2005, 11:14 AM
I watched part of it for the first time last night and it wasn' too bad. It won't break my Survivor habit, it's a solid alternative. It's too bad the ratings don't seem to have a floor. Last night, the show sunk to a series low 7.4 million viewers and a 2.9/8 in adults, down from a new episode of Friends last season by 67% in viewers and 72% in adults. Those numbers are just plain ugly, and it wasn't an even particularly highly rated episode of "Friends."

Pus$y Galore
04-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Man, I wish I lived in Australia.

I kid, I kid.

;)

But Joey seriously needs to improve to for me to watch anymore though.
To me it is a serious letdown.

I can't believe I'm actually watch John Stamos at this point.

Yeah, Joey's a good show..........TO POOP ON!!!

It's gotten slightly better, but not a lot. I like Drea, but not in this role. I'm glad they're spanning out and away from her and the nephew a bit more, but I can't see this going too much longer. It's just not that great.

Brent88
04-22-2005, 11:23 AM
It'll be back for Season 2... but I have serious doubts whether it'll last the entire season. If it doesn't improve, it may be cancelled after half a season or something like that. Look at last night's ratings:

"Survivor: Palau" put CBS on top at 8 p.m. with an 11.3/19. "Joey," 5.3/9, and "Will & Grace," 5.7/9, finished second for NBC, ahead of "The O.C.," 4.4/7, on FOX. The season finale of "Jake in Progress" posted a 3.2/5 for ABC, a little better than the first hour of "WWE Smackdown!" on UPN. The WB went with two episodes of "Blue Collar TV."

Yes... it came in 2nd, but it was DISTANT and it's way down from the numbers at the beginning of the season. If FOX or ABC(or both) had stronger 8pm shows... Joey would be in worse shape.

Pus$y Galore
04-22-2005, 11:42 AM
It'll be back for Season 2... but I have serious doubts whether it'll last the entire season. If it doesn't improve, it may be cancelled after half a season or something like that. Look at last night's ratings:

"Survivor: Palau" put CBS on top at 8 p.m. with an 11.3/19. "Joey," 5.3/9, and "Will & Grace," 5.7/9, finished second for NBC, ahead of "The O.C.," 4.4/7, on FOX. The season finale of "Jake in Progress" posted a 3.2/5 for ABC, a little better than the first hour of "WWE Smackdown!" on UPN. The WB went with two episodes of "Blue Collar TV."

Yes... it came in 2nd, but it was DISTANT and it's way down from the numbers at the beginning of the season. If FOX or ABC(or both) had stronger 8pm shows... Joey would be in worse shape.

I agree. And last night was one of the better episodes. I feel bad for Matt, but it doesn't really surprise me. He needs his "friends" back!