PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Carter/Michael Evans Health Questions

teddybare
03-30-2005, 12:08 PM
I heard somewhere awhile back that Ralph Carter. who played Michael Evans on Goodtimes either was either HIV Positive or had AIDS. Is this true or just some ugly rumor

knl9674
04-07-2005, 10:43 AM
I believe that to be a rumor. That floated around for a long time. He is an "out" homosexual though and maybe that's where the whole ugly Aids rumor began to surface.

He certainly looked like he had something when I saw him on that GT True Hollywood Story. He looked like a light skinned skeletor. Anybody else remember that? He had like wirey facial hair and his cheek bones were poking out. I was like, "Michael Evans? What in the hell....." That interview didn't do anything to quiet the rumors, only fuel them.

Edster2973
04-13-2005, 07:24 PM
I believe that to be a rumor. That floated around for a long time. He is an "out" homosexual though and maybe that's where the whole ugly Aids rumor began to surface.

When did he ever come out? I don't remember him ever addressing this...

Ed

TVFactFan
04-13-2005, 10:23 PM

Ed

It was obvious ED-lol

Nipsey Russell
04-14-2005, 11:56 AM

Ed

I think most of us knew from the beginning.

Brieannas21
04-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Yeah I don't know if he's gay or not. I don't ever remember him saying that he was gay. I know that he's in his mid 40's and everyone age differently. I know he said awhile back that he lived in Africa for a while then returning to the states.

hatwink
04-17-2005, 04:44 AM
I have seen pictures of him in his current age and it's a 180 degree turn from his time on Good Times. I honestly hope he's in good shape.Seems to do a lot for the community he lives in.

nlearfan
05-03-2005, 08:16 PM
it was obvious LOLLLL

is he for sure though?

jamesanthony
05-04-2005, 08:55 AM
I never gave his sexuality a second thought until I started reading these boards. Actually a lot of actors are gay or something other than straight/heterosexual and watching some shows in retrospect it is glaringly obvious. One example is the guy who played Leroy on Fame. The character was straight but the actor's mannerisms were so effeminate that it is jarring to watch now. I suppose if these shows were made now they would cast more masculine looking actors in those parts.

hatwink
05-07-2005, 07:51 AM
And what's the deal with him kissing Janet Jackson on the lips? Is there something deeper?

TVFactFan
05-07-2005, 01:20 PM
And what's the deal with him kissing Janet Jackson on the lips? Is there something deeper?

What episode did this happen on?

hatwink
05-08-2005, 11:55 AM
What episode did this happen on?

Actually, this is something that happened after they wrapped the final episode. Supposedly, Ralph wanted to say goodbye to her and kissed her on the lips. What's up with this?

TVFactFan
05-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Actually, this is something that happened after they wrapped the final episode. Supposedly, Ralph wanted to say goodbye to her and kissed her on the lips. What's up with this?

Will you stop posting False information

nlearfan
05-08-2005, 02:45 PM
No thats not false information I heard that too

I'm gonna try to find the source

nlearfan
05-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Go to this site

http://valdefierro.com/times05.html

its a quote from Janet Jackson

laneyday
06-21-2005, 11:59 AM

He certainly looked like he had something when I saw him on that GT True Hollywood Story. He looked like a light skinned skeletor. Anybody else remember that? He had like wirey facial hair and his cheek bones were poking out. I was like, "Michael Evans? What in the hell....." That interview didn't do anything to quiet the rumors, only fuel them.

Here's proof of him being gay.
http://ec.gayalliance.org/articles/000566.shtml and www.tamfs.org/new/rochReformation.asp

I also found proof of Ralph Carter being dead at:
www.earlyaviators.com/ecarterr.htm

...and also found that he was a city official
www.ci.palm-coast.fl.us/government/city_officials/carter.php

and...I found a wedding photo
www.nubiannews.com/weddings/wedding.htm

whew...my search was not in vain. :)

laneyday
06-21-2005, 12:03 PM
oooooooops! my bad! Who knew there were so many Ralph Carters' in this world. ohno: Who'd a thunk. :confused: I found about 1000 Ralph Carters in New York City alone but I couldn't list them all. If he's out of the closet then why is it soooo hidden? :confused:

Brieannas21
06-21-2005, 02:45 PM
LMAO Yeah I don't think that he's any of the men that you posted. Good try though. I don't believe he's dead, Don't know if he's gay. Keep searching

laneyday
06-22-2005, 11:29 AM
LMAO Yeah I don't think that he's any of the men that you posted. Good try though. I don't believe he's dead, Don't know if he's gay. Keep searching

You know I was just trying to make a point, right? Anything we hear about Ralph Carter is automatically thought that it is he, aka Michael Evans. I was just trying to point out how many Ralph Carters there actually are in this world. So....if anyone has the proof behind their words, bring it and slap a website for proof. Otherwise it is only speculation, gossip and rumor. :crazy:

dave insinga
06-22-2005, 01:01 PM
do we really care if RALPH CARTER is gay?
im sure hes not dead anyhow what does all this have to do with GOOD TIMES

vashti1999
06-22-2005, 03:53 PM
do we really care if RALPH CARTER is gay?
im sure hes not dead anyhow what does all this have to do with GOOD TIMES

Ralph Carter plays Michael on the show.

Seriously, if there were only threads that were specifically about the show and not anything related to it, half the threads here would be gone.

Brieannas21
06-22-2005, 07:30 PM
You know I was just trying to make a point, right? Anything we hear about Ralph Carter is automatically thought that it is he, aka Michael Evans. I was just trying to point out how many Ralph Carters there actually are in this world. So....if anyone has the proof behind their words, bring it and slap a website for proof. Otherwise it is only speculation, gossip and rumor. :crazy:

Yeah I totally understand, that's why I never believe anything until I actually see it or read it for myself. I could care less if he was gay or straight that's his prerogative. But yeah I get your point.

laneyday
06-23-2005, 12:37 PM
He is doing a fine work in his community and he is loving and friendly. Anyone who sees him interacting with people can see that. Everytime I read a post about Ralph aka Michael Evans, it is always negative. Everyone says they don't give two cents about what he does in his private life but yet when he's brought up there is all these rumors and speculations.

The man is doing great and he is energetic and powerful. Let's see that shall we.

(This only applies to those who post negative threads)

dave insinga
06-23-2005, 02:28 PM
and i agree we don't need all these negatives i hope RALPH CARTER is well and is doing fine the reason i started writting these threads is because i didn't see gossip and rumours lets keep these threads fun and interesting

Pus$y Galore
06-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Plenty of gays will kiss the opposite sex on the lips. It doesn't have to be a "sexual" kiss. I've had many gay male friends who've kissed me on the lips - no big deal.

Can anyone post a recent pic of Ralph? I haven't seen him since the show ran originally. Obviously not acting on television anymore.

It never struck me that he was gay, although I would have been about his age and probably not wise to it unless they were "flames'. And I agree, why does it seem to happen when an actor comes out that rumours about HIV/AIDS always spring up? Not all gays get it.

I always thought Danny from Who's The Boss was gay though. He was quite obvious even as a little boy.

ThomasE
06-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Tripper fan, you are right about Danny from Who's the boss. Ralph looked great according to the recent photo I saw.

bansogirl
08-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Janet Jackson herself said that she got her first kiss ever from Ralph Carter after the last episode of "Good Times"

nlearfan
08-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Well I can tell you he is not dead.

But I have tried to track him down for my book and am finding it nearly impossible. The Screen Actors Guild gave me a phone number, which is a New York area code, yet everytime I call it, it is busy. Obviously something is wrong with the number (I don't know anything about dial tones), because just to see I called it in the middle of the night and it was busy. I should finally run into him at the reunion, although I still don't have a date on that. I'll let you know ASAP.

Ireneparalegal
08-19-2005, 11:58 PM
I had posted on another thread that there was a Ralph Carter who is gay and works with AIDS related groups in New York City, that doesn't mean it's thee Ralph Carter from GT. To me it doesn't matter abt someone's sexuality. As for AIDS, there are other forms of getting it other than thru gay sex.

Ireneparalegal
08-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Plenty of gays will kiss the opposite sex on the lips. It doesn't have to be a "sexual" kiss. I've had many gay male friends who've kissed me on the lips - no big deal.

Can anyone post a recent pic of Ralph? I haven't seen him since the show ran originally. Obviously not acting on television anymore.

It never struck me that he was gay, although I would have been about his age and probably not wise to it unless they were "flames'. And I agree, why does it seem to happen when an actor comes out that rumours about HIV/AIDS always spring up? Not all gays get it.

I always thought Danny from Who's The Boss was gay though. He was quite obvious even as a little boy.
I seen an interview a while back where that kid who played Danny, sued or is suing a publication for stating he is gay. He says he is not, but that Judith Light told him to back off from his slander suit because it was the nature of the game and if he did pursue it, it would appear negatively with the gay community that he is upset for being referred to as a gay guy. I agree with that. There are things in this world that one could be thought of as. Better to be called gay than a wife abuser/husband abuser, drug user, alcoholic, child molester, rapist, etc.

nlearfan
08-20-2005, 12:02 AM
From watching the E! True Hollywood Story, I saw that Carter was a very intelligent person, and he seemed to always be a professional while on Good Times. Thats much more important than his sexual orientation.

laneyday
08-20-2005, 02:09 PM
That was an intelligent comment and I thank you for it because I couldn't agree more. :wave: