PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Spying 4/21/05

Brian Damage
03-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Will post details once they become available.

Brian Damage
04-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Here are some pics

Brian Damage
04-10-2005, 11:09 AM
04/08 - Joey's fear of losing Sara (Madchen Amick) makes him consider breaking his lifelong habit of serial dating. Meanwhile, Alex resorts to spying on Eric (Matt Letscher) when he moves out of the apartment, but not the apartment complex.

barwars
04-21-2005, 09:25 AM
FINALLY!!
A new episode tonight!

slackermonkey
04-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Great episode. Lots of hilarious lines.

"May I ask you who your daddy is?"

"Hey hey, it's not weird. You're hurting. You've come to me for erotic comfort."

"Congratulations Glen, you may take me to Disneyland." (though that was more delivery than anything else)

Plus, the heart balloon gag was perfectly timed, and I loved Alex's "Oh God, you scared the crap out of me!" which was almost exactly like Jennifer Aniston would have said it as Rachel.

I feel bad for Alex, but does anyone else think they're rushing her marriage to its doom a little too quickly? It's a little better-paced so far than I thought it'd be from the spoilers, but I wish they had started working on this storyline at least two episodes earlier.

DukeDevils9192
04-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Really, really good episode tonight as the show's finding it's groove at the right time. I like that they're building off these dramatic endings to episodes. It's really something that'll make the show more watchable as we have something to look forward to every week. Once they establish these big stories they can start having more filler but for now, they need something to hook the viewers in and I think the Alex story and Joey's romance will do just that. And it's GREAT they're focusing more on Alex. They just need to mix some more Michael in there.

The writing was great with a lot of fast-paced dialogue that was snappy enough to be fun but not so snappy that you can't believe it.

Just really good stuff all around.

barwars
04-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Great episode, one of my favorites.
And, in what may have been a Joey first.... Joey wasn't an idiot tonight.

slackermonkey
04-21-2005, 09:32 PM
There have been some episodes in the past where he wasn't an idiot. Can't remember any offhand though - the episodes on this show kind of blend together in my mind for some reason.

barwars
04-21-2005, 09:41 PM
There have been some episodes in the past where he wasn't an idiot. Can't remember any offhand though - the episodes on this show kind of blend together in my mind for some reason.

I notice that with Friends as well.

slackermonkey
04-21-2005, 10:03 PM
With "Friends," I figure it's the continuial storytelling, but "Joey" hasn't started doing that until recently, so I don't know what the deal is.

Brian Damage
04-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Dammit, I forgot what day it was and forgot to watch the episode. I guess that's what happens when there is such a long hiatus between new episodes.

sonyab
04-22-2005, 10:08 AM
This was an okay episode.. That whole plot with Joey and the lady he likes is the same thing on friends with Joey and Rachel.. Including Joey going outside the door and then inside and he had a date with another girl but kept thinking about that lady he liked. They recycled.. Then Alex spying on her husband? That is creepy and wierd. Especially since she has said she has been spying since she was 12 yrs old and she has a log that she writes down about what she sees. I hope she doesn't do that again because then I won't like her anymore. The episode should have been called Alex and the spying. I felt bad for Alex at the end tho because of her hubby kissing another woman and probably had sex.

When Alex's hubby lived across from her doesn't Joey's girlfriend live in that apartment? Hmmmm.. Couple things I loved was Mikey saying 2 hearts become one ROFL. to funny. Then with Glen and Gina. Poor Glen.. Gina breaks up with him because he is to nice but she doesn't tell him that and tells him it's because her son doesn't like him ROFL.

Glen takes Mikey to disneyworld? And it's 8:00 at night? gee what time does it close? I'll date you Glen!!! I like nice guys. :)