View Full Version : "Heap Big Herman"
03-19-2005, 12:51 PM
This is the episode where Herman and the rest go on a trip and they are aboard a train. While there Herman goes off of the train and is mistaken for a rare beast once again. This is a funny episode especialy when Herman smashes Grandpa in the train car when his suitcase.
03-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Yes, very funny episode. :D
I hate to correct you, but it's not "Heap Big Herman", it's "Big Heap Herman". A few sites have the first two words of that episode mixed up. But the correct version is, "Big Heap Herman". :)
Here's a handy little episode guide you may use at your convenience.
Season 1 (1964-1965)
1. Munster Masquerade (Sep. 24)
2. My Fair Munster (Oct. 1)
3. A Walk on the Mild Side (Oct. 8)
4. Rock-a-Bye Munster (Oct. 15)
5. Pike's Pique (Oct. 22)
6. Low-Cal Munster (Oct. 29)
7. Tin Can Man (Nov. 5)
8. Herman the Great (Nov. 12)
9. Knock Wood, Here Comes Charlie (Nov. 19)
10. Autumn Croakus (Nov. 26)
11. The Midnight Ride of Herman Munster (Dec. 3)
12. The Sleeping Cutie (Dec. 10)
13. Family Portrait (Dec. 17)
14. Grandpa Leaves Home (Dec. 24)
15. Herman's Rival (Dec. 31)
16. Grandpa's Call of the Wild (Jan. 7)
17. All Star Munster (Jan. 14)
18. If a Martian Answers, Hang Up (Jan. 21)
19. Eddie's Nickname (Jan. 28)
20. Bats of a Feather (Feb. 4)
21. Don't Bank on Herman (Feb. 11)
22. Dance With Me, Herman (Feb. 18)
23. Follow That Munster (Feb. 25)
24. Love Locked Out (Mar. 4)
25. Come Back Little Googie (Mar. 11)
26. Far Out Munsters (Mar. 18)
27. Munsters on the Move (Mar. 25)
28. Movie Star Munster (Apr. 1)
29. Herman the Rookie (Apr. 8)
30. Country Club Munsters (Apr. 15)
31. Love Comes to Mockingbird Heights (Apr. 22)
32. Mummy Munster (Apr. 29)
33. Lily Munster, Girl Model (May 6)
34. Munster the Magnificent (May 13)
35. Herman's Happy Valley (May 20)
36. Hot Rod Herman (May 27)
37. Herman's Raise (Jun. 3)
38. Yes, Galen, There Is a Herman (Jun. 10)
Season 2 (1965-1966)
39. Herman's Child Psychology (Sep. 16)
40. Herman, the Master Spy (Sep. 23)
41. Bronco Bustin' Munster (Sep. 30)
42. Herman Munster, Shutterbug (Oct. 7)
43. Herman, Coach of the Year (Oct. 14)
44. Happy 100th Anniversary (Oct. 21)
45. Operation Herman (Oct. 28)
46. Lily's Star Boarder (Nov. 4)
47. John Doe Munster (Nov. 11)
48. A Man For Marilyn (Nov. 18)
49. Herman's Driving Test (Nov. 25)
50. Will Success Spoil Herman Munster? (Dec. 2)
51. Underground Munster (Dec. 9)
52. The Treasure of Mockingbird Heights (Dec. 23)
53. Herman's Peace Offensive (Dec. 30)
54. Herman Picks a Winner (Jan. 6)
55. Just Another Pretty Face (Jan. 13)
56. Big Heap Herman (Jan. 20)
57. The Most Beautiful Ghoul in the World (Jan. 27)
58. Grandpa's Lost Wife (Feb. 3)
59. The Fregosi Emerald (Feb. 10)
60. Zombo (Feb. 17)
61. Cyrano de Munster (Feb. 24)
62. The Musician (Mar. 3)
63. Prehistoric Munster (Mar. 10)
64. A Visit From Johann (Mar. 17)
65. Eddie's Brother (Mar. 24)
66. Herman, the Tire-Kicker (Mar. 31)
67. A House Divided (Apr. 7)
68. Herman's Sorority Caper (Apr. 14)
69. Herman's Lawsuit (Apr. 21)
70. A Visit From the Teacher (May 12)
Munster, Go Home! (Jun. 15 '66)
The Munsters' Revenge (Feb. 27, '81)
03-19-2005, 06:54 PM
I like when Lily calls Herman Chief Glint-in-the eye when she breaks up the wedding ceremony with the Indian woman.
03-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I love the part where they're on the train, and Herman starts yelling "I'll kill 'em, I'll kill 'em" and then all the passengers start to run. :D
03-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Some time this year we'll be able to see this episode and all 2nd season episodes uncut, the whole 25 minutes. Dialog we've haven't heard in a long time or never heard. DVDs are great.
03-19-2005, 07:24 PM
I have BHP un-cut on an old VHS from ebay, and there's a scene where an Indian is putting make-up across Herman's face. Herman says "Oh!" He says it in such a child-like voice, that it's hilarious!
I only have a couple episodes from season 2 uncut, "Herman Munster, Shutterbug", "Big Heap Herman", "Herman Peace Offensive", and "Zombo".
03-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Talking about funny scenes that were edited out on TV but we've seen elsewhere.
Seeing "Come Back Little Googie" unedited on the DVD set......There's an early scene where Googie shakes hands with Grandpa and gets him with a joy buzzer. A later scene restored on the DVD, Grandpa has set up the giant mousetrap at the foot of the stairs!
"But, Lily, I'm just getting back at him for the joybuzzer."
03-19-2005, 08:56 PM
Yeah, and he says, "You never let me have any fun anymore". Well, your her father, you can do what you want, you don't have to take orders from her! If I were Grandpa, I would have set the trap on Googie! :D
03-19-2005, 09:02 PM
What makes it an even more inspired sight gag is that the mousetrap, which had already made its appearence in an early episode ("Pike's Pique"), was just the right size for Googie/Billy Mumy.
03-19-2005, 09:46 PM
"Can't I pull a harmless little prank on him?"
03-19-2005, 10:25 PM
You're right, Munsters#1, that's what his line is. I got out the DVD to watch the scene again.
Lily: "Grandpa, what are you up to?"
Grandpa: "Well, Lily, he has a handbuzzer. Can't I pull a harmless little prank on him?"
Lily: "Put that thing away!"
Grandpa: "I never get to have any fun at all."
A terrific scene and it was just a few months ago when I got the DVD set that, as far as I know, I saw it for the first time. Wrong choice for a scene to be edited out for time on television.
Transition to the next scene and more lost footage. A cooked four-legged bird is put on the dinner table.
03-20-2005, 12:58 AM
When I first saw that 4-legged bird, I didn't take any notice. But then I said, "Where did they find that thing at, in a nuclear plant?" :lol:
03-20-2005, 09:31 AM
TV Land is going to air it on Tuesdays Munsters Mini Marathon I think at 7:30
03-20-2005, 09:53 AM
If I were a guest for dinner, I would have to pass on the whatever that is. I would just keep trying to imagine what it looked liked when it was alive.
03-20-2005, 02:48 PM
You know, since we were talking about the season 2 episodes, I was wondering, when is The Complete Second Season gonna get here already. But, at least I know they're taking their time with this one. I don't think Universal is worried about not making it to the 41st anniversary.
And what about the Family of Fright DVD? Will it be in Season 2, or will it be released seperately as planned by IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT?
The Season 2 episodes should be crystal clear, since the films were made from 1965 and 1966. If you've ever seen the movie, The Seven Year Itch, with Marilyn Monroe, that movie was made in 1955, and has been digitally remastered to crystal clarity. Not a spec or a spot in that movie. Since the Munsters Season 2 is 10 years younger than that movie, there should be no reason why those episodes don't look crystal clear.
03-20-2005, 06:38 PM
I don't have my hopes up that high. I plan for it to be about the same as the first season. Then if it's better than that, wonderful! If it's the same, it won't be a let down.
IMHO: I'd think Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon are hotter properties that The Munsters and they'd spend far more on the restoration process of Some Like it Hot that they would on a TV show.
03-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Oh well. Just as long as they're all there and un-cut, I'll be happy.
I wonder what the Season 2 package will look like? :happyface
I know a big issue with DVDs, is the fact that double-sided disks get smudged more easily. I hope they put it in seperate slots, like they did with Andy Griffith Season 1, and The Honeymooners 39 DVD set.
vBulletin v3.5.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.