PDA

View Full Version : Madonna: No Joey Fan?

spunkygirl
03-17-2005, 02:45 PM
from the new issue of tvguide:

Matt who? That was Madonna's reaction when asked to do a May sweeps cameo on NBC's Joey, the Matt LeBlanc sitcom.

Her madgesty's appearance on a 2003 episode of Will and Grace was a ratings bonanza, but a source said that Madonna said no to Joey claiming she had never heard of the show or it's star.

An NBC rep says there never was an offer.

I suppose next she'll say she's never heard of the show "Friends" either ;)

HuntingtonM15
03-17-2005, 02:48 PM
I remember seeing an interview around the time she did the W&G episode, and she said she doesn't watch TV. She said she did W&G, because she liked the script they gave her.

spunkygirl
03-17-2005, 02:58 PM
I remember seeing an interview around the time she did the W&G episode, and she said she doesn't watch TV. She said she did W&G, because she liked the script they gave her.

Ahh I see, so she'd never seen nor heard of Will and Grace but went ahead and did an episode anyways? Why not do the same for Joey?

HuntingtonM15
03-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Ahh I see, so she'd never seen nor heard of Will and Grace but went ahead and did an episode anyways? Why not do the same for Joey?

That's a good question.

gidgetgrape
03-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Madonna is also friends with Megan Mullally (Karen) which probably impacted her decision to be on Will & Grace. Awhile ago (don't recall the date) there was a Madonna Special on VH-1 and Megan interviewed Madonna on the show.

db108108
03-18-2005, 06:47 PM
It doesn't hurt that W&G appeals to Madonna's core audience- gay men.