PDA

View Full Version : Alex and Michael?

bobbydeacon
03-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Who here thinks this would make an interesting pairing? I, for one, think that Andrea has a whole lot of chemistry with Paulo Costanzo. Their pairing would also be less predictable, which can be good.

TJL
03-17-2005, 03:07 AM
It certainly would be an interesting pairing. Most viewers are probably thinking that Joey and Alex are going to hook up, but a Michael/Alex affair would be totally out of the blue.

bobbydeacon
03-17-2005, 04:07 AM
Yet, at the same time, it WOULDN'T be so out-of-the-blue. I mean, Michael and Alex have actually had far more storylines together than Joey and Alex ever did, but because Joey/Alex is somehow the "assumed" pairing of the show, people don't notice that the Michael/Alex relationship has actually been building slowly but surely. What I love about Michael/Alex is that their relationship has been subtle but also very real - if they got together on the show, the audiences might be initially surprised by it, but the surprise would only last a moment before they realize that it really makes sense, like the pieces of a puzzle coming together in a way you never imagined.

Brian Damage
03-17-2005, 11:42 PM
It would make for an interesting twist.

TJL
03-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Well, they did have that one scene recently where Michael kissed Alex. Perhaps the writers are laying the groundwork for them to hook up.

On Friends they dropped a few hints that Chandler and Monica were going to get together.

bobbydeacon
03-18-2005, 02:57 PM
And even before that kiss, Michael and Alex have already shared so many storylines together - Alex pretending to be Michael's girlfriend, Alex as the "hot girl," the taste test, Alex playing mediator for Michael and Seth, Alex and Michael staying home to watch the Soap Opera Awards show, and of course, Alex helping Seth with the hot girl. I definitely think this is laying groundwork for a very interesting relationship.