PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Neighbor 3/24/05

slackermonkey
02-25-2005, 02:24 PM
This is the next episode to air, and it's currently slated for March 17, though NBC may push it back to March 24.

Beginning with this episode, we will see Joey with a recurring love interest, his new neighbor, a photographer named Sara. She is scheduled to appear in the final five episodes of the season. Also, this episode will kick off a MAJOR story arc for Alex, but that's all I can say.

bananasplit
02-25-2005, 06:38 PM
This is the next episode to air, and it's currently slated for March 17

How cool! That's my birthday!!! :D

mEatball
02-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Why can't you reveal it? I'd like to know.

Brian Damage
02-25-2005, 10:10 PM
March 17th? What the hell? That seems like too long.

slackermonkey
02-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Actually, NBC just pushed this episode back to March 24 like I predicted, so it'll be a week longer than anticipated. It's such a long wait because there are only five episodes left to air.

mEatball, I don't want to ruin it because this is supposed to be a spoiler-free topic.

Brian Damage
03-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Here are the pics released by NBC

slackermonkey
03-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Alex is so gorgeous.

Brian Damage
03-17-2005, 11:29 PM
What the hell happened? It didn't air tonight?

Brian Damage
03-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Nevermind, I see that they bumped it a week.

Brian Damage
03-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Here's a photo of Joey's new love interest.

DukeDevils9192
03-24-2005, 10:34 PM
I had forgotten about this. For some reason, I thought it was next week. I was watching TV with my mom and brother and said, "Let's see what Joey rerun is on," and flipped it over during the cold opening. So, I saw basically all of it, thank God. I'll never slip again.

Anyway, not a bad episode, but not the best. There were some decent laughs, though nothing too exciting. Alex really shone in the episode, however. I like her dynamic with her husband and I hate he hasn't been around more.

Not sure how I feel about Joey having a love interest that's not Rachel, but we'll see. I liked the character (can't remember her name) so that's good. It could be interesting.

Not enough Michael or Gina, but hopefully that'll change. Here's to hoping the show can raise its game and make strides as it makes its way down the home stretch.

TJL
03-24-2005, 11:04 PM

That's probably an old pic of Madchen Amick, because she looks completely different now.

It should be noted that Miss Amick was on one of the "preview" episodes of Jake In Progress a week or so ago as one of John Stamos' girlfriends of the week.

Pus$y Galore
03-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Actually I thought it was the best episode yet. Showed a little more depth and character development than what I've seen in the past and for the first time, I really cared what was going to happen next to the characters.

Pus$y Galore
03-24-2005, 11:31 PM

She looked a lot better on tonight's episode. Not as "hard" looking as in the pic. Don'tchya think?

Brian Damage
03-25-2005, 12:42 AM
I liked the episode, but definitely not one of my favorites. It was kinda blah for me. It had some funny moments, but not enough. I will agree and say that Alex did shine in this episode.

Brian Damage
03-25-2005, 12:53 AM
She looked a lot better on tonight's episode. Not as "hard" looking as in the pic. Don'tchya think?

I agree. She looks much better as a blonde

bobbydeacon
03-25-2005, 03:01 AM
Alex is so much prettier than Joey's new love interest, though. She's so sweet and gorgeous.

Liked tonight's episode - I loved that Alex got a bigger role, but there is still room to expand, and FOR ONCE, Gina wasn't so front and center, thank the Lord.

Michael's storyline was a little pointless, but I could deal with that.

barwars
03-25-2005, 09:20 AM
That's probably an old pic of Madchen Amick, because she looks completely different now.

It should be noted that Miss Amick was on one of the "preview" episodes of Jake In Progress a week or so ago as one of John Stamos' girlfriends of the week.

Thank you!!
I was racking my brain trying to figure out where she was from.

She looks ten times better as a blonde than in that first pic.
I really liked her character a lot, and think she and Joey have chemistry.

Although, I do have to say.... the whole Alex and her husband seperating thing is a little forced.

Not one of the greatest episodes, but definitely not the worst.
It had a very "Friends" feel to it, which actually sort of worked. Joey and his date at the restaurant was a good scene, although we've seen the "famous person sends over wine" joke before.

Pus$y Galore
03-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Alex is so much prettier than Joey's new love interest, though. She's so sweet and gorgeous.

Liked tonight's episode - I loved that Alex got a bigger role, but there is still room to expand, and FOR ONCE, Gina wasn't so front and center, thank the Lord.

Michael's storyline was a little pointless, but I could deal with that.

Actually I always find Michael's storyline (and character) pointless. If find him annoying. Especially when it comes to the women. I wonder if last night's episode was directed by David Schwimmer. There were a couple of facial expressions and reactions to Joey that were reminisent of Ross.

Pus$y Galore
03-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Thank you!!

Although, I do have to say.... the whole Alex and her husband seperating thing is a little forced.

Not one of the greatest episodes, but definitely not the worst.
It had a very "Friends" feel to it, which actually sort of worked. Joey and his date at the restaurant was a good scene, although we've seen the "famous person sends over wine" joke before.

Maybe that's why I liked it a litte better last night (the friends feel - further to my comment about Michael reacting like Ross would have).

I've had a feeling all along that they were going to have problems between Alex and her husband. Sets up a longterm relationship with Joey. He'll comfort her through the separation/divorce, he'll try to help her get back into the dating scene again, and then eventually, they'll find that THEY were the ones that were right for each other all along. How more perfect and crazy could they make it that Joey would finally end up with a lawyer?!

barwars
03-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Maybe that's why I liked it a litte better last night (the friends feel - further to my comment about Michael reacting like Ross would have).

I've had a feeling all along that they were going to have problems between Alex and her husband. Sets up a longterm relationship with Joey. He'll comfort her through the separation/divorce, he'll try to help her get back into the dating scene again, and then eventually, they'll find that THEY were the ones that were right for each other all along. How more perfect and crazy could they make it that Joey would finally end up with a lawyer?!

It wouldn't be perfect at all. I see no romantic chemistry between Joey and Alex.

Alex and Michael though.... yes.

barwars
03-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Actually I always find Michael's storyline (and character) pointless. If find him annoying. Especially when it comes to the women.

I completely disagree. Michael is easily the best new character on the show.

sonyab
03-25-2005, 09:39 PM
This was a really good episode. Very funny. Geez the whole big reunion of Alex and her husband is just a kiss on the cheek and then he goes back inside? Come on! Pathetic! Poor Alex. :( She was crying on Joey's shoulder. :( Maybe later she can date Mike. I don't want him to be the rebound for her. Mike was worried about his chicken legs and then when he talked to that lady she wanted to go on a date with him until she saw his legs.. Geez she was shallow. I liked his legs. I loved that flower pick up line.. Sweet. :)

TJL
03-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Geez the whole big reunion of Alex and her husband is just a kiss on the cheek and then he goes back inside? Come on! Pathetic!

Good point. Would it have killed them to let the character stay on for another episode before he splits up with Alex?

tvfan0101
03-26-2005, 11:11 AM
I thought it was an okay episode, not the best, but it was nice to see Joey so befuddled by a woman. Neither of the storylines really clicked for me, there was no emotional attachment to Alex and her husband so there was no reason to really be upset they were seperating, and although Joey's jealousy was amusing, it just did not sit right with me. Not sure why.

TVFactFan
03-26-2005, 09:07 PM
It wouldn't be perfect at all. I see no romantic chemistry between Joey and Alex.

Alex and Michael though.... yes.

Why would Alex and Michael work?

barwars
03-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Why would Alex and Michael work?

They have chemistry. Alex and Joey do not.

Bella_KitKat
03-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Did anyone else figure out that Joey's 'girlfriend' Sara is also Wendall, the social worker and Carter's on-but-mostly-off girlfriend on ER?