PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Fancy Sister 2/24/05

Brian Damage
02-19-2005, 11:54 AM
CHRISTINA RICCI GUEST STARS - Joey (Matt LeBlanc) and Gina's (Drea de Matteo) wanna-be-socialite sister Mary Teresa (Christina Ricci) comes to visit and constantly reminds her siblings how wealthy she is with her snobby attitude. Meanwhile, Michael (Paulo Costanzo) is unknowingly being courted by a "hot" girl. Also starring Andrea Anders. TV-14

Brian Damage
02-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Here are pics from this episode...

Brian Damage
02-19-2005, 12:05 PM
oops, forgot to add the pics...

Brian Damage
02-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Here are more spoilers...

Joey's and Gina's materialistic sister Mary Theresa is in town and can't keep talking about her new Mercedes, the fact she has a pool boy, that she can speak Spanish, etc. Joelle, a woman in her mid-twenties, drops by the apartment to see Michael. Joey is astonished that a hot girl is flirting with Michael. After they go on a date, Joelle has a talk with Joey to know if Michael likes her and what she could do to make sure he becomes interested in her. Source: SpoilerFix.com

slackermonkey
02-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Anyone see the previews for this episode? It's gonna be hilarious. Mary Teresa makes Alex her maid, and believes Alex only speaks Spanish, and Alex doesn't have the heart to break it to her.

"Uno momento, por favor!"

slackermonkey
02-24-2005, 08:52 PM
Good episode. Christina Ricci wasn't that impressive, but there were some great one-liners and moments - Alex speaking Spanish, Michael's phone call to Joelle. My favorite moment was Gina correcting Joey about Mary Teresa's "Walters": "I was speaking metamorphically."

DukeDevils9192
02-24-2005, 09:43 PM
A lot better than last week. Christina Ricci is so hot. Wow. A little thin, maybe, but wow. I thought she did a pretty job, actually. Not great, but she didn't seem lost or wooden like some guest stars do on sitcoms.

There were some great scenes on the show tonight, the best being Michael's phone call. Why this guy doesn't get more time on camera, I'll never know.

And I agree, "I was speaking metamorphically," was fantastic. Gina can be so good sometimes. They don't always use her right, but when they do, I love it.

Alex, of course, rules. Not much more I can say about her. Love her.

Good episode.

barwars
02-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Glad to see Glen back, I definitely see him as being part of the rumored "retooling"

The sister storyline was rather lackluster, but Michael's plot made up for it.
Very funny episode, one of my favorites.

The final scene before the tag was funny with "the world's smallest diamond," the highlight of the episode IMO.

TJL
02-24-2005, 10:45 PM
It was a pretty good episode. I think Christina did a good job. Nice to see she's back to her "Addams Family" weight.

:lol:

Brian Damage
02-25-2005, 12:41 AM
I think Ricci was great. She really didn't have any funny lines, but she was very believable as the spoiled brat. I agree about Michael, he could be a real breakout star if only they gave him more time.

barwars
02-25-2005, 07:58 AM
I think Ricci was great. She really didn't have any funny lines, but she was very believable as the spoiled brat. I agree about Michael, he could be a real breakout star if only they gave him more time.

I see an Emmy nom coming his way.

With Frasier out of the picture, I suspect we'll see Matt LeBlanc and Paulo Costanzo filling in the slots Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Pierce once filled.

This year's Emmys will be interesting. No Friends. No Frasier. No Sex & The City.

*GoodMorningCalgary*
02-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Christina Ricci puke: Andrea Anders :eyes:

I don't see why everyone thinks shes such a great actress....I could be wrong but she had the same expression on her face throughout the whole episode.

mEatball
02-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Christina Ricci is hooooot!!!

sonyab
02-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Love this episode.. Very funny.. Christina Ricci was so funny. Hmmm who is the more dumb Tribbiani? I say Joey ROFL. Mike and Alex kiss woah!!! I really loved that! They got great chemistry. I taped the show so I rewound that kiss alot.. :) Joey and Alex a couple? Noooooo.. Mike and Alex a couple? YES!! :) Well if she divorces her hubby. I like seeing Gina's boyfriend there. I guess they are still seeing each other. I wonder if she told him that she wanted to date other guys on that jay leno episode rofl. Maybe not. :)

tvfan0101
02-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Alex is easily the best part of the series. Joey and Gina play off each other's stupidity, Michael is geekily oblivious (which is funny, do no get me wrong) but Alex usually has the really amusing parts in the episodes.

This episode was no different.

bananasplit
02-26-2005, 09:14 PM
I thought it was a very good episode.

slackermonkey
02-27-2005, 02:18 AM
I agree. The scenes I look forward to each week are Alex's. I've liked her since the pilot and saw potential in her that I'm glad is being realized.

Ohio8
02-27-2005, 11:58 AM
I thought it was good. Did anyone else notice that christina was, well, pale in this episode? Maybe that's part of her charm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Klinger (to B.J): "I wish I had your brains." B.J.: "I wish I had your beauty....." Klinger (smiling): "There is that."

TJL
02-27-2005, 03:33 PM
I thought it was good. Did anyone else notice that christina was, well, pale in this episode? Maybe that's part of her charm.

I think she's always been on the fair skinned side.

pscisme
03-02-2005, 11:28 AM
Christina Ricci puke: Andrea Anders :eyes:

I don't see why everyone thinks shes such a great actress....I could be wrong but she had the same expression on her face throughout the whole episode.

Judging Christina Ricci's acting ability based on nothing more than this one guest shot is wrong! You're correct, she didn't have that much to do but that originated with the script, which gave the lion's share to other characters.

As for why people including myself do consider Ms. Ricci to be a talented actress, you'd have to go to movies that allow her to show her skills, including MONSTER and THE OPPOSITE OF SEX.

That said, lemme point out that, unfortunately, Ms. Ricci is a perfect example of the weight problem situation in America: She's now sickly thin and it won't be long before the abuse she's heaping on her body begins to destroy her talent along with her vital organs.

There have been plenty of posts on sitcom boards about overweight actresses (like Leah Remini, who the nerve to gain weight while pregnant!) but the anorexic situation is just as dire! Let's hope this talented young lady gets the help she needs before it's too late.

Remember that the TV camera ADDS 10 pounds, so you can imagine how awful she actually looks!

Ohio8
05-31-2005, 10:36 PM
Christina Ricci is hooooot!!!

And here's some proof!