PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps a stupid question

Brian Damage
02-13-2005, 08:54 PM
This may sound silly to a die hard Friends fan, but I thought Drake Ramoray died a few years ago on Friends. If that is the case, then why would he be up for a soap opera award this year?

slackermonkey
02-14-2005, 12:58 AM
He was killed off in late season 2 when Joey told Soap Opera Digest that he writes his own lines. The writers responded by having Drake get dropped down an elevator shaft.

In early season 7, they revealed that Drake was still alive, but comatose, and under the care of his twin brother Stryker, a fellow doctor. By mid-season 7, Joey had rejoined the cast of Days of Our Lives as a resurrected Drake Ramoray, who had his old body but the brain of another character on the show.

Joey still had his DOOL job when Friends ended, and it won't be until this Thursday that we learn Drake was killed off again when Joey quit the show and moved to LA.

DukeDevils9192
03-06-2005, 10:07 AM
I know this is a few weeks old, but I was rereading it and something about that first death and subsequent revival always bothered me.

Joey says that there's no possibly way that Drake could come back, that he was completely smashed. He said the only doctor who could save him was him. I know that Stryker is his brother and it is a soap opera, but I felt like the writers just kind of lost continuity there. Oh well.

Brian Damage
03-06-2005, 10:43 AM
In the world of Soap Operas, nobody ever really dies. lol

bananasplit
03-06-2005, 08:19 PM
In the world of Soap Operas, nobody ever really dies. lol

Especially on Days of our Lives

slackermonkey
03-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I don't think of it as a continuity error at all. More of a dig at soap operas and their ridiculous contrivances to resurrect dead characters.