PDA

View Full Version : The episode where Pebbles and Bam Bam became singing sensations...

PrettyinPink55
02-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Hi! Fellow Flintstone fan here, and I just wanted to know if anyone knew the episode name where Pebbles and Bam Bam became famous singing sensations?

I remember the song: "Let the sun shine in
Face it with a grin
Smilers never lose and frowners never win"

:lol: I loved that episode!!!

Steve Carras
02-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Hi! Fellow Flintstone fan here, and I just wanted to know if anyone knew the episode name where Pebbles and Bam Bam became famous singing sensations?

I remember the song: "Let the sun shine in
Face it with a grin
Smilers never lose and frowners never win"

:lol: I loved that episode!!!

NO BIZ LIKE SHOW BIZ, orig.broadcast Sept.'65.

PrettyinPink55
02-11-2005, 11:35 PM

Thanks!!! :D

bossradio93
02-12-2005, 02:35 AM

I think this was the first episode and the start of the sixth and final season (1965-1966). It will be on DVD someday.

PrettyinPink55
02-12-2005, 12:33 PM
I think this was the first episode and the start of the sixth and final season (1965-1966). It will be on DVD someday.

I cannot wait for that! Boomerang just doesn't show the Flintstones enough!!!! :(

Roy5
03-23-2005, 03:20 PM
They even used it periodically during that same season with the closing credits, in lieu of the typical scene where they come home from the drive-in. Fred must have really appreciated that. Seems like he never could "win the fight" with that saber-toothed cat

-Roy

PhilFan+AdamBrody#1
04-13-2006, 10:54 PM
I love the Flintones it like my favorite cartoon since i was a kid and the smurfs too!!!!

jacktripper1
07-18-2006, 12:39 AM
I love the Flintstones, too. I saw the episode just last week on Boomerang about Pebbles & Bamm Bamm singing.

TVFactFan
07-18-2006, 12:45 AM
I love the Flintstones, too. I saw the episode just last week on Boomerang about Pebbles & Bamm Bamm singing.

I finally saw the Pebbles and Bam Bamm show 2 months ago and Fred and the Gang appeared in every episode. That's what the Cartoon Network should air

TV Knowledge Fan
12-20-2006, 03:05 PM
..."No Biz Like Show Biz", written by Joanna Lee, was indeed the first episode of the final season {originally telecast on September 17, 1965}. At the time, Hanna-Barbera records just happened to release a 45 single of "Pebbles & Bamm Bamm" singing "Open Up Your Heart [And Let the Sunshine In]", taken directly frtom the soundtrack of that episode. It didn't sell many copies, though. But it WAS revived on some Rhino CD releases in the '90s.

:tv:

Scoobiedoo30
12-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know when The Episodes When Pennles and Bamm Bamm became Singing Sensations will air

Steve Carras
12-27-2006, 06:41 PM
..."No Biz Like Show Biz", written by Joanna Lee, was indeed the first episode of the final season {originally telecast on September 17, 1965}. At the time, Hanna-Barbera records just happened to release a 45 single of "Pebbles & Bamm Bamm" singing "Open Up Your Heart [And Let the Sunshine In]", taken directly frtom the soundtrack of that episode. It didn't sell many copies, though. But it WAS revived on some Rhino CD releases in the '90s.

:tv:
It was a hit for "The Cowboy Church Choir" a Chipmunk-like affair recorded by the song's writer Stuart Hamblin, and produced by Mitch Miller, who was satirizied in "Hum Along with Herman" (in fact MOST Flinstone songs recall the songs Mitch produced before that singalong show for Columbia Records, which then HB of course was affiliated with.)

torcan
10-30-2009, 03:58 PM
They even used it periodically during that same season with the closing credits, in lieu of the typical scene where they come home from the drive-in. Fred must have really appreciated that. Seems like he never could "win the fight" with that saber-toothed cat

-Roy

Bumping up an old thread...but I was wondering...does anyone know which episodes in the 6th season that they used this for the closing theme? I always liked it when they altered things up once in a while, but I haven't seen this on a show closing since sometime in the '70s. I always thought they just did it for that episode, which was replaced by the original closing pretty quickly in syndication. Were there any others?

Anyone know?

MickeyMac
10-30-2009, 05:02 PM
^

Funny you should mention this because not too long ago I picked up season 6

McGillicuddy
10-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Bumping up an old thread...but I was wondering...does anyone know which episodes in the 6th season that they used this for the closing theme? I always liked it when they altered things up once in a while, but I haven't seen this on a show closing since sometime in the '70s. I always thought they just did it for that episode, which was replaced by the original closing pretty quickly in syndication. Were there any others?

Anyone know?

I wondered that also. I never saw it on any of season 6 episodes, or any seasons. I'm afraid they didn't use it on the dvd sets. Disappointing!:(

Steve Carras
08-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Some other factoids...I don't recall this being rerun in the daytime till 1971 and of course Fred seemingly is NOT dreaming this until the final part!!!!

Schmoopie
08-15-2013, 03:58 AM
I absolutely LOVE that episode and it's one of my favorites! The other ep I love is when it is discovered that Barney is an amazing singer but he can only sing in the shower. But I hated the way they ended that ep. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it.