PDA

View Full Version : Joey And The Valentine's Date 2/10/05

Brian Damage
02-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Joey is interviewed about his role on Deep Powder by a woman named Judy, and Bobbie encourages him to flirt with her to get a good review. They enjoy each other's company and set up a date together. Joey suggests they go out on February 14th, not realizing that it's the most romantic holiday of the year, and then panics. For their date, they go to a restaurant but can't agree on a place to sit; The tables Joey picks are either too smelly or too noisy. Gina, Michael, and Alex come to the restaurant also. Michael takes interest in a girl at the restaurant and tries to hook up with her. Eric, Alex's husband, is out of town, making it hard for Alex to enjoy Valentine's Day; she almost ruins everyone's day with her bitter comments. Later, Joey attends a birthday party as Judy's guest, but Judy can't help but wonder if Joey's really interested in her or if he just wants a good review. (Guest Star - Dina Waters as Judy)

barwars
02-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Sounds good. It seems to be taking a page from Friends with A, B and C stories.

Brian Damage
02-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Some pics from this episode

slackermonkey
02-09-2005, 04:26 AM
I really have to wonder what Alex is doing in that second picture.

Brian Damage
02-09-2005, 11:21 AM
She looks like she is drunk.

slackermonkey
02-09-2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah, she does get drunk in this episode, but more specifically it looks like she's groping Gina's boobs.

barwars
02-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Yeah, she does get drunk in this episode, but more specifically it looks like she's groping Gina's boobs.

And Joey officially becomes a favorite.

mEatball
02-10-2005, 07:46 PM
I'm really looking foward to this episode.

slackermonkey
02-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Good episode. Not as good as previous weeks, but still good.

Alex was hilarious, and finally they begin to touch on her unhappy marriage. I was wondering when they'd ever get to that.

Sad to say, Joey's plot dragged the episode down. It was pretty funny at the restaurant, but once it got into him meeting her parents, it wasn't as enjoyable.

Michael was slighted. His transformation into a "girlfriend" should have been given more attention.

TJL
02-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Alex was hilarious, and finally they begin to touch on her unhappy marriage. I was wondering when they'd ever get to that.

Yes, I was wondering when theyy would get around to that.

I think the producers made the right decision when they recast the role. She's getting funnier all the time.

slackermonkey
02-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Definitely. Ashley Scott would have been so bland and one-dimensional in this role.

DukeDevils9192
02-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Thought it was good episode. I swear, last week when I suggested Alex should get drunk, I hadn't read any spoilers. I just got lucky. And I was glad. She was fantastic.

I don't think it was just Joey's story at the end that hurt the episode, I think it was the entire end. Joey claims to be Jewish? Gina tap dances? They just drop Michael's story? Kind of bland, but not horrible. Alex dancing was funny.

Overall, though, another winner. When the girl climbed across Joey's lap and his eyes got wide staring at her butt, that was gold. The stuff at the restaurant was all great, too. Michael stole the show, in my opinion, but everyone delievered really strong performances. I also liked the running gag with the girl's age.

Good stuff.

slackermonkey
02-10-2005, 09:46 PM
I had hinted to you that Alex would get drunk this week, but I guess you didn't catch that. :p

I thought the Gina/Alex story ended fine. The Joey story had some closure, it was just a weird way to end it (though provided a nice laugh at the tag). Dropping Michael's story was the only problem.

The restaurant segments were definitely the highlight, for all four. I had forgotten about the running joke about Judy's age, but I did enjoy that. "My kid sister is turning 40 today, and..."

Best line of the night: "I put on lingerie for a squirrel!"

DukeDevils9192
02-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Nah, I figured you might be hinting at it. But, when I brought it up, I really had no idea it would happen. Maybe I should play the lottery.

And yes, that was the best line, definitely. Completely agree.

barwars
02-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Good episode, aside from Joey's storyline.
Meeting the parents was a dumb move, one of the weakest scenes in the entire series.

But I really enjoyed the Gina/Alex storyline.
Michael and the "girlfriends" was funny.... and having Joey's date get older, and older, was probably the most memorable part of the story.

That family reunion scene just killed it though.

Brian Damage
02-10-2005, 11:18 PM
It was an ok episode, not great, but not bad. Judy's age gag was great and Joey's facial expressions to them were even better. It would've been nice if Joey's assistant came on the date considering he's dating Gina.

slackermonkey
02-10-2005, 11:45 PM
That's something I wanted to mention before, but forgot.

They went out of their way to remind us Gina and Glen were still dating last week, but why not this week, when there'd be an actual reason to remind us, considering it's a Valentine's episode??? Unless they broke up in between these two episodes, I don't understand.

Brian Damage
02-11-2005, 12:10 AM
That's what I was saying before. I think that was a big snafu.

showgirlmd
02-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Did you guys love the girl in the red dress at the restaurant. What a great character! I would love to see her again. Maybe a real date for Joey... bring back the "What YOU doin'?"

sonyab
02-11-2005, 03:39 PM
This was so funny! So many one liners! Geez where do I start? :) Joey and the interviewer Judy. They are so good together. Very funny together.. Will she come back? I want more of her she was so funny. I like her. She says she isn't 34 years old anymore so I kept trying to guess how old she is. She must be in her late 30's but then she said her little sister is 40 ROFL. Geez is Judy 45? :) Joey ask how old she is! Jo Jo Dancer and Ju Ju Bean ROFL.

In the beginning when Joey was getting his picture taken Bobbie wanted Joey to turn his head so the camera gets his other side I guess she didn't like his other side ROFL. I didn't know Joey has a bad side of his face hahahhaa.. Alex got drunk and touched Gina's boobies ROFL.

GREAT EPISODE!!!! :) GREAT JOB!

mEatball
02-11-2005, 07:08 PM
The Jo Jo Ju Ju Bean stuff was laugh out loud funny. I loved it.

Ohio8
02-11-2005, 08:17 PM
I watched it, and I thought it was good. The "Pop-Pop" thing came from the Friends episode "TOW Nana Dies Twice."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ross: "I honestly don't know if I'm hungry or horny." Chandler: "Just stay out of my freezer......"

slackermonkey
02-11-2005, 08:22 PM
oey and the interviewer Judy. They are so good together. Very funny together.. Will she come back?

Judging by the next four episodes in production, no.

I've learned never to say never with these kinds of questions. David the Scientist Guy reappeared on Friends six years after his first appearance, and Mark reappeared seven years later. You never know. Assuming Joey lasts about five seasons, characters like Lauren and Glen could return at any time from now til then.

ChambersVsMalone
02-12-2005, 04:10 AM
I really enjoyed this one. I loved Gina and Alex's storyline. Alex being drunk was great. I see potential to explore her marriage more in future episodes.

I LOVED Judy and her age. That was great.

Good point about Glen, I totally didn't catch that.