PDA

View Full Version : Joey on DVD Campaign

Mr.Blue
01-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Sign the petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/joeydvd/petition.html

Vote for Joey on DVD:
Go to tvshowsondvd.com register (free & easy) and vote for Joey!

Send NBC An E-mail:
Joey@nbc.com
(Include the petition address so they can see that a lot of people want it)

Before it gets to DVD we have to make sure it stays on the air, in the e-mail include the fact that a lot of fans want it to stay on the air.

slackermonkey
01-28-2005, 02:04 AM
You're petitioning for the DVD release of a show that's just started? At least wait until the season's over and see if Warner announces it within the next year or so.

Also, it doesn't have to stay on the air past season one to get a DVD release. Plenty of one-hit wonders have made their way to DVD. The show will last at least another season, so you have nothing to bother petitioning for right now.

Edster2973
02-01-2005, 09:24 AM
You're petitioning for the DVD release of a show that's just started? At least wait until the season's over and see if Warner announces it within the next year or so.

Also, it doesn't have to stay on the air past season one to get a DVD release. Plenty of one-hit wonders have made their way to DVD. The show will last at least another season, so you have nothing to bother petitioning for right now.

Plus, I think the only time we'll see a DVD release of Joey is when they're finished releasing all of the seasons of Friends first. Seeing as Season 9 is due out in March, it shouldn't be that long of a wait until Season 10 sees release (probably by the summer at the latest), in which case Season 1 of Joey will have already aired and Season 2 will have begun shooting. So, following that timeline, we could potentially see a DVD release of Joey Season 1 by next fall at the earliest (this is my estimation only; it is not fact).

I'm not saying we're guaranteed a DVD release, but if we are to get one, I think that is how things will play out.

I agree it's a bit early to start petitioning, and I'm not sure how effective that route is but any support for the show is welcome at this stage. Good going!

Ed

slackermonkey
02-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Friends season 10 is slated for this summer, early September at the latest.

And a Joey DVD release is in the pipeline from what I know, but whether it'll be released as the new season starts like many new shows are doing, or whether they'll follow the Scrubs route of releasing them after finalizing a syndication deal is still up in the air.

barwars
03-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Season 1 coming to DVD in Region 2 (UK)....

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=56536

Warner Home Video have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Joey: The Complete First Season for 25th July 2005. Everyone’s favourite ‘friend’ can now be welcomed into households every night, as the DVD goes on sale as soon as the series broadcast ends on Five.

Multiple Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominee Matt LeBlanc reprises his Friends role as the comical Joey, leaving behind New York City for the slightly more glamorous location of Hollywood. In his never-ending quest to achieve his goal of becoming a renowned actor, Joey is joined by his sister Gina played by Drea de Matteo (The Sopranos) and her son, Michael - Paulo Costanzo (Road Trip).

No further details have been released at this time.

Posted by Dave Foster on 17-03-2005 12:56 (1902 views)

Hopefully a Region 1 release isn't too far behind.

Edster2973
03-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Season 1 coming to DVD in Region 2 (UK)....

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=56536

Warner Home Video have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Joey: The Complete First Season for 25th July 2005. Everyone’s favourite ‘friend’ can now be welcomed into households every night, as the DVD goes on sale as soon as the series broadcast ends on Five.

Hopefully a Region 1 release isn't too far behind.

Well, I think that a Region 2 release is happening so fast is because Region 2 has all 10 seasons (or series) of Friends already, whereas we don't. I'm not sure if going in chronological order is a factor or not, but that may be why it's happening over in the UK and not here yet.

Overhere in the US, I'd like to have the 10th season of Friends first before any seasons of Joey see release, particularly since I'm not that enamoured with Joey, unfortunately. I am, of course, open to having the show grow on me, but thus far it hasn't. If the show were to go off the air, I wouldn't miss it. I'd be disappointed at the missed opportunity, but I wouldn't miss the show, especially the way it currently is, and I'm disappointed in having to admit that. Any DVD releases of the show I will buy however, simply because I am a completist and I see the show as part of the Friends canon (especially if some of the friends guest star), but the show still isn't a favorite. Hopefully that will change with season 2.

Ed

slackermonkey
03-25-2005, 01:26 PM
"Joey" is already coming to DVD in the US, after the last season of "Friends" is released. I've known it was coming ever since Drea de Matteo appeared on a talk show a few weeks ago (I forget which one) and mentioned that the DVDs are in the works and will include a gag reel. The Region 2 release is just more proof that it's coming (R2 always gets these releases before R1 does, for some reason).

barwars
03-25-2005, 01:37 PM
I predict we'll see Season 10 of Friends in May.... and then Season 1 of Joey in September, just before the second season premieres.

Then again, releasing Season 10 of Friends and Season 1 of Joey on the same day could help sales a lot.

savy333
07-01-2005, 04:17 AM
I am going to buy these DVDs just for Jennifer Coolidge. That lady is so funny as Joey's agent! Other then her scenes, I am not too big on the show. Granted, I have only seen a handful of episodes but something just seems to be missing. Things need to be pulled together a little. The cast needs to be a little more interesting. Joey's agent is really the only fun interesting character. The rest are somewhat boring. The scripts need to be funnier and there needs to be better plots. I don't know, I think this show may survive- I predict season two will be pretty good if they get some new writers or something and stir things up!

Rachel3118
07-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Then again, releasing Season 10 of Friends and Season 1 of Joey on the same day could help sales a lot.

Would that help? Alot of people would probably get excited about friends and not think about the Joey show. Later on they may want something friends related and want it because there's nothing better.

Rachel3118
07-26-2005, 10:41 PM
I don't watch the show because there are other things I watch on Thursdays but I think it would be fun to watch it on dvd.

slackermonkey
08-15-2005, 01:54 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't been announced for Region 1 yet.