PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Tonight Show 2/3/05

Brian Damage
01-21-2005, 10:42 PM
HEEEERE'S JOEY -- Joey gets the chance of a lifetime to be on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," when a major movie star cancels her appearance. On his way to the "Tonight Show" Joey becomes increasingly worried he won't make it on time. When a big rig overturns on the freeway, Joey really starts to panic. Drea de Matteo, Jennifer Coolidge, Paulo Costanzo and Andrea Anders also star. Source: NBC

slackermonkey
01-22-2005, 01:31 AM
This episode is going to be excellent, mostly because it breaks away from the formula of previous episodes. Trust me.

barwars
02-01-2005, 08:02 PM
This episode is going to be excellent, mostly because it breaks away from the formula of previous episodes. Trust me.

I hope I can.
Looking forward to it very much.

Brian Damage
02-01-2005, 11:05 PM
here's a couple of pics from the episode...

slackermonkey
02-01-2005, 11:19 PM
And another:

http://www.nbc.com/photos/Primetime/Joey/2JOTdqN04.jpg

Brian Damage
02-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Drea looks great in that pic :grineyes:

slackermonkey
02-01-2005, 11:50 PM
When doesn't she? :lol:

tvfan0101
02-03-2005, 09:05 PM
I thought this episode was hilarious, especially when Alex showed up on the motorcyle. She is a great character who needs to have more to do. Bobby was hilarious as well. A great episode.

slackermonkey
02-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Fantastic episode, literally my favorite so far. I've known this episode was coming for awhile, and I was looking forward to it more than any other. It didn't disappoint. The cast chemistry seemed more 'on' than usual, and each character got some funny stuff to do.

I also have to applaud the continuity in this episode. The two sisters Gina mentions have the same names as in Friends, they remembered that Gina was still dating Glen (which I was afraid would be conveniently ignored for the sake of this story), Gina's favorite band is still Whitesnake, and... there was something else, but I don't remember at the moment. It'll probably come to me later.

DukeDevils9192
02-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Thought it was pretty good tonight. Not my favorite but still really good. I thought the opening scene was extremely funny, though. I didn't care much for Gina's story and I think that's what brought it down for me, but Michael and Alex were great, as usual. Alex definitely needs more to do. Her character is a lot of fun. I wish they'd do an episode where she gets drunk. I think that has a lot of comedic potential.

Thumbs up again.

slackermonkey
02-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Well, they have mentioned more than once that she can't hold her liquor, so it's a possibility.

Alex has been given more to do in recent episodes, which I love since she's my favorite of the new characters. I have a feeling she's gonna shine in next week's episode, and it would certainly be a good situation to see her get drunk in.

Brian Damage
02-03-2005, 10:54 PM
A fantastic episode! This was one of my favorites thus far. When Joey was contemplating running 9 miles to the set of the Tonight Show and Joey asked Michael if he could make it in 45 minutes, Michael's response was classic! "Sure, if you're a Kenyan man with a number on your back." :lol:

The only disappointment for me, was there was little interaction between Joey and Jay Leno. I would've liked to see him actually do more with that.

Joker85
02-03-2005, 11:14 PM
great episode! I am glad they are letting Bobbi out of the office finally. I think her character is improving and she was one ofthe highlights of the episode. Alex and Michael were both very funny tonight as well. Alex is growing on me. And of course, I was glad to see that Joey finally got to the Tonight Show, so many sitcoms wouldn't have let him do that. Best new episode in a while.

sonyab
02-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Awesome episode.. I loved it! Bobbie keeps stinging herself with that stinger that she has ROFL. Why does she keep doing that? Does it turn her on? ROFL. Poor Joey is stuck in a traffic jam and he really does not want to be late for the tonight show.. I was rooting for him. I didn't want him to be late either. Luckily just in time he gets their yay!!!! :) *CHEER* Joey was hugging Jay Leno and wouldn't let him go rofl. Gina is so wierd but funny. What kind of mother encourages her son to give someone the finger?

Great episode! :)

barwars
02-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Bobby still sucks.

But other than that.... perfect episode. Some episodes have been great, some have been sub-par.... but this was perfect.

Everyone had a good storyline, and the Joey calling Jay, Johnny bit at the end was very funny.

What's even more shocking is that this was most likely filmed before Johnny Carson died. The scene with Joey riding the motorcycle to the "Tonight Show" set seemed to be well done, very reminiscent of Friends.

slackermonkey
02-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah, this was filmed before Carson's death, making the references to him even more coincidental.

Brian Damage
02-04-2005, 09:49 PM
edit

ChambersVsMalone
02-12-2005, 04:06 AM
I loved this episode! I thought it was really nicely done and very funny. It's my favorite so far. And I agree, there was some great continuty to both Friends and Joey in this one. Nice bonus! :)

spunkygirl
02-12-2005, 03:54 PM
A fantastic episode! This was one of my favorites thus far. When Joey was contemplating running 9 miles to the set of the Tonight Show and Joey asked Michael if he could make it in 45 minutes, Michael's response was classic! "Sure, if you're a Kenyan man with a number on your back." :lol:

The only disappointment for me, was there was little interaction between Joey and Jay Leno. I would've liked to see him actually do more with that.

:rotflmao: That was a great line by Michael.

And the two guys in the truck they kept staring at Michael was funny too. :lol: Loved it when Gina kept "car hopping"

Great episode, Alex and that pink motorcycle was great.

I give this episode a 10/10

bananasplit
02-12-2005, 07:29 PM
:rotflmao: That was a great line by Michael.

And the two guys in the truck they kept staring at Michael was funny too. :lol: Loved it when Gina kept "car hopping"

Great episode, Alex and that pink motorcycle was great.

I give this episode a 10/10

Ugh! I was tlking to my friend on the phone during the episode so i missed parts of it. From what i saw, I thought it was probably the best episode so far.