PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Assistant 1/20/05

Brian Damage
01-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Joey holds several interviews to find himself a personal assistant. Howard, who already has a great job as Senior VP of one of the largest banks in California, applies for Joey's assistant position. Another applicant, Glen, really impresses Joey with his answers. Gina and Glen start to date, but their dating soon gets in the way of Glen's assistant duties. Michael is frustrated with his colleague, Seth, when he tries to patent an idea on his own, although both he and Michael came up with it.

DukeDevils9192
01-20-2005, 10:09 PM
I liked it. Some fell flat, but for the most part, another good episode. I wish so much that Alex/Michael had played out without Joey, but, you can only ask for so much, I guess.

slackermonkey
01-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Very funny episode. I have to admit, both stories sounded kind of dumb to me in the episode synopsis, but it turned out pretty well.

The whole interviewing process was great, and the assistant himself was funny as well. I'm wondering if Glen will be a recurring love interest for Gina in the next few episodes. Nice seeing Howard again, too.

I'm glad we finally got a glimpse of Alex at work. I was wondering when we'd actually get to see her be a lawyer. When I saw that picture of this episode at NBCUMV of her in her office, I got oddly excited about seeing that side of her. I'm a dork that way. I was surprised that Seth came back, even though he wasn't quite as funny as last time.

Brian Damage
01-20-2005, 11:48 PM
I wasn't completely thrilled with this episode. Everything seemed rushed. We only got to see Joey interview one person before Glen. It was nice to see at Alex at work. Let me ask a question. How does a struggling actor afford to live in a same apartment complex with a senior vp of a bank and a high powered attorney?

slackermonkey
01-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Probably got some support checks from Chandler. :-p

Seriously though, more than likely he had money set aside. I mean, he had a "Lose My Looks" fund, he probably has an emergency fund.

DukeDevils9192
01-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah, Joey was probably pretty alright with his money. I mean, he probably made really good money on Days of Our Lives, and he really wouldn't have had much debt to make up once he got that job back because Chandler always lent him money and never made him return the money. And, plus, in NY, he shared the apartment rent with Rachel, so, yeah, I'd imagine he did alright for himself.

tvfan0101
01-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Eh, it was an okay episode. A few good laughs, especially the scene at the end with the assistants "fighting" in Bobby's office. And I agree with slackermonkey about seeing Alex in a job setting. But by and large, the episode was just so-so.

sonyab
01-22-2005, 12:19 PM
This was funny. Love Howie! :) He wanted to be Joey's assistant but he failed ROFL. Bobby was funny. She has an assistant and wants him to do the robot ROFL. This wasn't the best episode cus other episodes were but still this was good.. :)