PDA

View Full Version : very special secret SURPRISE GUEST STAR!

Brian Damage
01-06-2005, 10:57 PM
If you go to tvtickets.com (http://www.tvtickets.com/default.htm), They say that for tomorrow's taping (January 7th) there will be a special surprise guest star. Wonder who it will be?

slackermonkey
01-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Yes, I read this on Friends Boards.

Ten bucks says the next poster says "JENNIFER ANISTON GUEST STARS ON JOEY OMGGGGGGGG"

spunkygirl
01-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Yes, I read this on Friends Boards.

Ten bucks says the next poster says "JENNIFER ANISTON GUEST STARS ON JOEY OMGGGGGGGG"

:lol:

I wonder if they'll mislead us on purpose, make us think it's one of the Friends gang, but it's probably someone we wouldn't think of

Brian Damage
01-07-2005, 12:18 AM
If it's a friends member, I'm positive we'll find out by tomorrow night. The internet is a very powerful tool.

slackermonkey
01-07-2005, 12:24 AM
It's not a Friend. They've been pretty adamant about not having any of them guest star this first season.

My guess? Another of Joey's sisters, played by someone famous. Remember that announcement from a few months back that another sister would appear?

Brian Damage
01-07-2005, 12:30 AM
I kinda knew it wouldn't be a Friend. It would look rather desperate of them to do that. For example, look at the spinoff The Tortellis when they had Norm and Cliff in about the 5th episode. I hope it is another sister. Hopefully somebody they could use more than once. I like continuity.

spunkygirl
01-07-2005, 12:31 AM
It's not a Friend. They've been pretty adamant about not having any of them guest star this first season.

My guess? Another of Joey's sisters, played by someone famous. Remember that announcement from a few months back that another sister would appear?

Yeah I figured that it wouldn't be one of the Friends.

I think it probably is his sister. I hope they got Marisa Tomei if it is, she'd be great as Joey's sister :)

Brian Damage
01-07-2005, 12:38 AM
From what I assume, they wanted Tomei to play the part that Kelly Preston eventually got.

slackermonkey
01-07-2005, 12:58 AM
I think the sister thing is the most likely. We hadn't heard anything about it since it was announced, and a sweeps month (during which this episode will air) seems the best time to do it.

slackermonkey
01-12-2005, 08:48 PM
The episode is called "Joey and the Tonight Show," so it looks like the very special secret surprise guest star is Jay Leno.

Brian Damage
01-12-2005, 11:29 PM
If Jay Leno is the surprise guest that they were hyping for the taping, then I get a feeling that there were alot of disappointed audience members.

slackermonkey
01-13-2005, 12:07 AM
That's what I was thinking, so there's probably another guest who comes onto the Tonight Show with Joey who is the real surprise guest.

Brian Damage
01-13-2005, 12:31 AM
One thought has occured to me about the storyline. If Joey is a guest on the Tonight Show, that means Deep Powder becomes a hit. That would make for some interesting subplots.

slackermonkey
01-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Of course it's a hit. It's a primetime soap opera with pretty people, bad acting and no substance. :p

Brian Damage
01-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Although I like the idea of a show within a show, I think it's a little rushed. I would've liked to see Joey suffer as a struggling actor the first season and then maybe by season 2, start getting bigger, meatier roles.

slackermonkey
01-15-2005, 12:12 AM
I was having the exact same thought when the "Deep Powder" plotline was first brought up. But evidently the majority of viewers prefer that storyline and critics seem to think it was a smart move, so I'm guessing that's why they introduced it so quickly.

To be honest, I'm not really liking the "Deep Powder" stuff so much right now because it's dominating the show. The past five episodes have involved Joey being on the show with no break in between for normal, more down-to-earth episodes, and the next two episodes will continue the storyline as well. I'd like it a lot better if they could have spaced out the "Deep Powder" episodes a little. At least the upcoming Valentine's Day episode, "Joey and the Valentine's Date," seems to be a breather from it for now.