PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Premiere 1/13/05

Brian Damage
01-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Joey is thrilled when Lauren allows him to go to the premiere of Deep Powder. Unfortunately, he can only bring one date, so he holds a speech contest between Gina, Michael, and Alex to decide who he should take. Th contest isn't much help to him because he still can't decide, so he has to figure out a way to let all 3 of tehm attend the premiere. To do this, he takes Michael as his guest, and pairs Gina with an exectuive of the show named Martin. Joey has trouble finding a third person without a date for Alex, but eventually does; a lesbian named Carla. Of course, Joey doesn't tell Alex that Carla is a lesbian. At the premiere there's a 20 year old woman who's interested in Michael, but as usual, Michael messes it up. Guest Star - Levar Burton appears as himself.

slackermonkey
01-11-2005, 10:27 PM
I have a feeling this is gonna be the next really, really great episode. I don't know why.

Did anyone see the promo for it tonight? Bobbie will appear, and Joey and Lauren appear to be macking on each other.

*GoodMorningCalgary*
01-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Oooh! and I saw Jeff Davis in the Promo! hes so funny :lol:
They should have Howie back again soon....

Brian Damage
01-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Who's Jeff Davis?

*GoodMorningCalgary*
01-12-2005, 11:02 AM
He was on "Whose Line is it anyway?" and the show "On the Spot" on the WB and he was on "Happy Family" last year on NBC

he was hilarious on Whose line....one of my favorite guests

slackermonkey
01-12-2005, 06:14 PM
*GoodMorningCalgary*, Howie will show up in the January 20th episode.

*GoodMorningCalgary*
01-12-2005, 06:21 PM
*GoodMorningCalgary*, Howie will show up in the January 20th episode.

:D

thanks for the info

slackermonkey
01-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Hilarious episode, the best so far. This show really is starting to improve each week with the last three episodes, and I only hope next week's is even better.

The only problem I had with this is the Joey/Lauren thing just kinda came up out of nowhere. There wasn't much, if any, sexual tension built up between them in her previous episodes.

tvfan0101
01-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Brilliant. Simply brilliant. The best episode of the series, without a doubt, and a fantastic half-hour of comedy overall. I only stopped laughing during commercials. Although I agree that Joey and Lauren was a bit abrupt.

spunkygirl
01-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Great episode, hilarious :lol:

I don't know Joey and Lauren have had kind of a "vibe" going on for awhile now. ;)

DukeDevils9192
01-13-2005, 11:57 PM
I didn't think it was the best--I missed two 2-3 minute segments because of weather reports (how hard is it to wait until a commercial)--but really good. I didn't like the Joey/Lauren thing, but it's okay. I'd rather see them argue than kiss, but whatever. Still, there was some great stuff. Michael REALLY shined tonight, Bobbie didn't get on my nerves, Alex played the loveable ditz better than she has all year, and Gina was dead-on as usual.

Thumbs way up, as per usual. I love this show.

Brian Damage
01-14-2005, 12:12 AM
I don't think it was laugh out loud funny, but I chuckled the entire episode. Michael's obsession with Star Trek was great, Bobbie was good as well. It was nice to see that they continued that little subplot where Bobbie dsires Michael.

slackermonkey
01-14-2005, 05:06 AM
I love that Bobbie is obsessed with Michael. It's completely random, but so fitting for her character.

snl75
01-14-2005, 09:38 PM
i enjoyed the ep. i wish i had taped it

bananasplit
01-15-2005, 02:51 PM
I love that Bobbie is obsessed with Michael. It's completely random, but so fitting for her character.

I agree.

TJL
01-17-2005, 08:45 PM
I really liked this episode. Once again, Bobbie committed some major scene stealing. She's a great character.

As a big Star Trek fan, I have to admit that ten years ago if I had to choose between talking to a pretty girl who wanted me or a TNG cast member, I'd probably do what Michael did.

Now, no way.

Okay, maybe if it was Picard...
;)