PDA

View Full Version : NY Post article

Brian Damage
12-12-2004, 11:11 PM
I wasn't around over the weekend to post this and when I went on NYPost.com I couldn't find the article. With that said, the Post had an article about the 2005 television schedule. They said that Joey more than likely will be renewed, but expect some major retooling when it does.

slackermonkey
12-13-2004, 12:16 AM
I've been saying it's supposed to get renewed for about a month and a half now, but people keep citing the "horrible" ratings as evidence that I'm wrong. Glad to know the Post is backing me up.

Although this is the first I've heard of a retooling. I hope they at least keep the setting and the five main characters. Everything else, as far as I'm concerned, can change.

Brian Damage
12-13-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
I've been saying it's supposed to get renewed for about a month and a half now, but people keep citing the "horrible" ratings and claiming I'm wrong. Glad to know the Post is backing me up.

Although this is the first I've heard of a retooling. I hope they at least keep the setting and the five main characters. Everything else, as far as I'm concerned, can change.

If there is a major retooling, somebody's is going. Probably Alex. Just a guess though.

slackermonkey
12-13-2004, 12:22 AM
I agree that if any character were to be going, it'd be Alex. But what makes you think they'd get rid of anyone?

Brian Damage
12-13-2004, 12:27 AM
Usually with a retooling, a character will get dropped and a new character would be added. They did it with Ellen and a few other shows.

slackermonkey
12-13-2004, 12:30 AM
I hope that doesn't happen. I've enjoyed Alex.

Brian Damage
12-13-2004, 12:39 AM
I agree, she has improved little by little since the show started.

slackermonkey
12-13-2004, 12:43 AM
Now that I think about, if Alex is still supposed to be Joey's potential love interest, it's possible that they could jettison Bobbie instead. With Joey's steady job, there's really no reason to have her keep making regular appearances.

Brian Damage
12-13-2004, 12:49 AM
That I disagree with. Bobbie will never be a love interest of Joey's.(maybe a one night drunken fling) Bobbie, believe it or not, plays a vital role on Joey. She is the reason he left NY to come to LA.

slackermonkey
12-13-2004, 12:51 AM
No, I meant Alex is supposed to be the potential love interest, so they'd probably be more likely to keep her than Bobbie, who doesn't even appear in every episode and is usually limited to one scene per episode.

Plus, not too many people are keen on Jennifer Coolidge in the role, so they could easily replace her with a new agent character or something. Ooh... make Lauren his new agent! :D

Brian Damage
12-13-2004, 12:53 AM
If anything, maybe that much ballyhooed sister will be cast.

slackermonkey
12-13-2004, 12:58 AM
I've always wondered what happened with that. I know she wasn't supposed to be a regular, but that may become the plan now.

In fact, they may have delayed her appearance to introduce her on the retooled show.

Brian Damage
12-13-2004, 01:03 AM
The Post has been know to jump the gun at times. After all, this was the same newspaper that said Dick Gephardt would be John Kerry's running mate. This story on Friday though, seemed to have some legs to it.