PDA

View Full Version : Amos & Andy Christmas Special (TV Version)

musicradio77
12-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Do you remember the Amos & Andy Christmas Special? As you probably know, I have the Amos & Andy Christmas Special on VHS somewhere. This was an early TV special from way back in the early 50's. The TV version of a Christmas show was based on a radio show of the same name. The radio version of the Christmas special was done earlier before the TV version came out. At the beginning of the special, Freeman Gosman and Charles Correll, the creator of the TV show (who originally played the roles of Amos & Andy on radio) discusses a story about Amos was waiting for Amadela to be born. Don't know the plot. I like the ending of the special where Amos tells Amadela the story of "The Lord's Prayer". The Amos & Andy Christmas Special was very rare but you cannot see it on TV anymore, and it was very hard to find. A true early holiday TV gem. Long before the TV version aired back in the early 50's. It stars Alvin Childress and Spencer Williams Jr. The radio version of the Christmas special was originally aired back in 1941. If you like to listen to the early Christmas Amos & Andy show. Check out this link:

"Amos & Andy's First Annual Christmas Show" (1941) (http://www.radiocrazy.com/shows/A/amosandy/1941/AA411224.mp3) Sadly the show was almost 15 minutes and it had no audience until the show started to air a few years later in the mid-40's with a live audience and turned into a half-hour show.

musicradio77
12-06-2004, 11:57 PM
By the way, if you enjoyed listening to the 1941 annual Christmas "Amos & Andy" special, you'll gotta love the half-hour version of the annual Christmas special. This special was also aired way back in 1950. Here it is.

"Amos & Andy Christmas Special" (1950) (http://www.radiocrazy.com/shows/A/amosandy/1950/AA501224.mp3) This was the first "Amos & Andy" Christmas special for CBS after they moved from NBC.

Zoneboy
12-09-2004, 03:37 PM
The name of Amos's daughter was Arbadella not Amadela & you're right about this episode, I've always enjoyed it.

musicradio77
12-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by redrocker22
The name of Amos's daughter was Arbadella not Amadela & you're right about this episode, I've always enjoyed it.

Thanks a lot. I thought the name I forgot to misspelled is Arbadella. I have the episode on VHS thought. The credits at the end of the "Amos & Andy" Christmas special was cut off. I used the other video tape to use the ending credits during its initial run. I like that episode on both radio and TV.

smilinjack
02-20-2006, 04:04 AM
Does anyone know what episode Kingfish used the line
"That boy is the Number 1 mooch!"

Thanks,
Jack :D

Zoneboy
02-20-2006, 06:40 AM
Does anyone know what episode Kingfish used the line
"That boy is the Number 1 mooch!"

Thanks,
Jack :D

Sounds like it might be from The New Neighbors but I'm not certain.