PDA

View Full Version : Lucy Liu Guest Stars on NBC's 'Joey'

slackermonkey
11-30-2004, 05:30 PM
BURBANK, Calif. -- November 30, 2004 -- Lucy Liu ("Charlie's Angels") has signed on as a guest star in at least two upcoming episodes of "Joey." Liu will play Lauren, the tough executive producer of the series "Deep Powder" in which Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc) plays the father of one of the main characters. Her first episode will be a Christmas-themed episode, which is being shot this week. This is the first time Liu and LeBlanc have worked together since the two "Charlie's Angels" films.

This is Liu's first on-screen television appearance since "Ally McBeal." Her feature film credits include both "Charlie's Angels" films, both "Kill Bill" films, "Chicago" and "Shanghai Noon."

"Joey," which airs Thursdays at 8:00pm on NBC, is a Bright-San Production, a Silver and Gold Production in association with Warner Bros. Television.

TJL
11-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Lucy Liu?

Gotta love that.

;)

Brian Damage
11-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Let's hope they don't try a love interest type of thing.

TVFactFan
11-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Lucy Liu? I know i have to see that. hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!-lol

slackermonkey
11-30-2004, 11:16 PM
From her first episode, it doesn't look like she's going the way of love interest. Just one of the supporting characters at his new show.

Brian Damage
11-30-2004, 11:26 PM
That's good news, of course I can't wait for the Christmas ep.

spunkygirl
12-01-2004, 02:49 AM
Sounds good, but I am just not much of a Lucy Liu fan

barwars
12-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Sounds good to me.

TVFactFan
12-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Lola Dane
Sounds good, but I am just not much of a Lucy Liu fan

That comment is expected from a female in regards to Lucy Liu-lol

Brian Damage
12-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Well when you think of comedy, Lucy Liu doesn't spring to mind.

TVFactFan
12-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Brian Damage
Well when you think of comedy, Lucy Liu doesn't spring to mind.

Well when I think of sexy women, Lucy Liu defintely comes to mind-lol Just looking at her makes me say HMMMMMMMM!!!!!-lol

TJL
12-01-2004, 08:03 PM
I don't care what you guys say, hot girls equal big comedy!

spunkygirl
12-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by TVShow Analyzer
That comment is expected from a female in regards to Lucy Liu-lol

I just don't see her as much of a commedienne :p

TVFactFan
12-01-2004, 08:10 PM
I just don't see her as much of a commedienne :p

She is not making a guest appearance to make viewers laugh, she is making a guest apperance to make men all over the country tune in at 8pm on Thursday.

spunkygirl
12-01-2004, 08:12 PM
She is not making a guest appearance to make viewers laugh, she is making a guest apperance to make men all over the country tune in at 8pm on Thursday.

:grr: what about the women?

TVFactFan
12-01-2004, 08:26 PM
:grr: what about the women?

If you look at the picture of Lucy Liu posted by Brian Damage, i doubt very seriously that the producers of Joey were thinking about women viewers. So it's obvious they are trying to attract more male viewers for that paticular episode.

spunkygirl
12-01-2004, 08:27 PM
If you look at the picture of Lucy Liu posted by Brian Damage, i doubt very seriously that the producers of Joey were thinking about women viewers. So it's obvious they are trying to attract more male viewers for that paticular episode.

They need to bring in a hot guy now to balance it out ;)

barwars
12-01-2004, 08:42 PM
They need to bring in a hot guy now to balance it out ;)

As a heterosexual male -- doesn't Matt LeBlanc fit that??

spunkygirl
12-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by barwars
As a heterosexual male -- doesn't Matt LeBlanc fit that??

Yeah, he does, most definitely. The men have already had Kelly Preston guest star, now we just need a male guest star now too :)

TJL
12-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Actually, before "Ally McBeal" Miss Liu had a supporting role on Rhea Perlman's short lived CBS sitcom "Pearl," and from what I rmember, she was very funny.
She played a very ambitious straight laced student, kind of a college version of Lilith from "Cheers," a complete opposite of the sexy femme fatale she played on "Ally."

She's got some comedic chops.

barwars
12-01-2004, 09:08 PM
Yeah, he does, most definitely. The men have already had Kelly Preston guest star, now we just need a male guest star now too :)

Kelly Preston did nothing for me.
Neither does Drea DeMatteo, nor does Jennifer Coolidge.

Andrea Anders, however, is very cute.

But Lucy Lui is a knockout.

slackermonkey
12-01-2004, 09:12 PM
I'd be a little concerned if Jennifer Coolidge did something for you. :)

Drea de Matteo is HOT, but Joey doesn't do her justice for some reason. I don't know if it's the lighting or what, but she was absolutely gorgeous on The Sopranos.

I agree though, Andrea Anders is pretty cute.

Brian Damage
12-01-2004, 11:26 PM

What about Howie? He's a hunk ain't he? ;)

Brian Damage
12-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
Drea de Matteo is HOT, but Joey doesn't do her justice for some reason. I don't know if it's the lighting or what, but she was absolutely gorgeous on The Sopranos.

I agree, I think it is the way she wears her hair and the clothes that she wears that makes her a little less attractive.

slackermonkey
12-01-2004, 11:35 PM
I prefer her hair on Joey. That done up Adriana look doesn't do much for me.

Brian Damage
12-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Adriana was sultry, Gina is a tad bit skanky.

slackermonkey
12-02-2004, 12:22 AM
You know, I never thought about it this way, but maybe they make Drea less attractive on Joey on purpose, to better fit Gina's "skank" image. I mean, that's why they didn't cover up Drea's tattoos; they help define Gina as a character.