PDA

View Full Version : I now can see the light

Brian Damage
11-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Last night, with no new Joey episode, I finally saw what others have been saying for a long while. There should've been a Joey Thanksgiving episode. There was a void there. Friends owned Thanksgiving and this was the first year in a while that there was no new Thanksgiving episode. It made me wish, that Joey would fill that void with a holiday episode of his own.

slackermonkey
11-26-2004, 05:40 PM
True, but in a way, I'm glad it didn't happen. The annual Thanksgiving episodes were a Friends tradition, and it wouldn't have been right to continue that tradition with Joey. It needs to build its own traditions.

ljonesxoxo
11-26-2004, 05:41 PM
At least there was a will and grace thanksgiving episode which was good.

slackermonkey
11-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Yes, but it was Will, Grace, Jack and Karen, not Monica, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Joey and Phoebe. It's not the same.

spunkygirl
11-27-2004, 02:20 AM
I agree Brian. What doesn't he celebrate Thanksgiving now that he's moved away from his "Friends"

He could set up a nice tradition with Gina and Michael :)

slackermonkey
11-27-2004, 03:06 AM
He does, we just don't see it. Any Thanksgiving episode Joey would do, sadly, would draw comparisons to Friends.

Other shows didn't do an annual Thanksgiving episode, but no one complains about "What, they don't celebrate Thanksgiving on this show? What a gyp!"

Brian Damage
11-27-2004, 11:58 AM
The difference between Joey and other shows that don't do annual Thanksgiving shows, is that Joey airs every Thursday. Hence, Thanksgiving always falls on a Thursday. That is why Friends always had a traditional Thanksgiving episode.

slackermonkey
11-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Thursday doesn't really have anything to do with it. There are sitcoms that aired on other days that still had a traditional Thanksgiving episode.

Anyway, other Thursday night sitcoms like Cheers and Will & Grace had Thanksgiving episodes, but it wasn't an annual thing. That was my point.

barwars
11-27-2004, 05:53 PM
I think the Thanksgiving tradition was because Friends aired on Thursdays.

Anyways, I think Joey can build a tradition of its own. Find it's "own" holiday.

I'm sure they'll have an eventual Thanksgiving episode.... which would make a perfect time for a "Friend" to guest star.

Brian Damage
11-28-2004, 01:10 AM
Well, they are having a Christmas episode, so that should be good. Maybe it doesn't have to be a holiday, maybe they could have a running joke about the Emmy awards. Like every year, Joey tries to get invited to the awards and hillarity ensues. I don't know. barwars is the writer of these forums anyway. ;)

slackermonkey
11-28-2004, 01:19 AM
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Christmas episode. I just hope Alex is included. She's always left out of stuff.

barwars
11-28-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Brian Damage
Maybe it doesn't have to be a holiday, maybe they could have a running joke about the Emmy awards. Like every year, Joey tries to get invited to the awards and hillarity ensues. I don't know. barwars is the writer of these forums anyway. ;)

Haha, the Emmys could work.
Actually.... that's a really good idea.

spunkygirl
11-28-2004, 02:39 PM
Well, they are having a Christmas episode, so that should be good. Maybe it doesn't have to be a holiday, maybe they could have a running joke about the Emmy awards. Like every year, Joey tries to get invited to the awards and hillarity ensues. I don't know. barwars is the writer of these forums anyway. ;)

I love that idea! :)

slackermonkey
11-28-2004, 07:14 PM

Except they kind of already did that once on Friends.

But I'm sure they could find a fresh take on it with Joey. It would be hilarious if done right. Nice idea.

Brian Damage
11-28-2004, 09:56 PM
I swear I had no idea it was done on Friends.

slackermonkey
11-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Oh no, I knew you either didn't know or forgot about that episode. No biggie.

It wasn't exactly the same. Just Joey getting nominated for a prestigious Emmy-style soap opera award and going to the "Soapies" with Rachel.