PDA

View Full Version : 'Joey and the Big Audition' 11/18/04

slackermonkey
11-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Since Brian Damage is suspended right now, I thought I may as well post the thread for the next new episode.

'Joey And The Big Audition'

JOEY'S BIG AUDITION -- Still hurting over his decision to turn down a lead role in the hit show "Nurses," Joey (Matt Le Blanc) is shocked to find Gina (Drea de Matteo), Michael (Paulo Costanzo) and Alex (Andrea Anders) having a viewing party for the show. Feeling depressed about his situation, Joey goes to see his agent, Bobbie, (Jennifer Coolidge) to help him get his career back on track. Ben Falcone also stars. TV-14

I think a lot of you complaining about the show will really appreciate what happens at the end of this episode.

slackermonkey
11-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Also... pictures from this episode!

http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTcnN04.jpg
http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTcoN04.jpg
http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTcpN04.jpg
http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTcqN04.jpg
http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTcrN04.jpg
http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTcsN04.jpg

barwars
11-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
I think a lot of you complaining about the show will really appreciate what happens at the end of this episode.

I dont mind spoilers.... PM me.
Because, Im not quite sure what you're hinting at.

Van_Smack
11-16-2004, 04:57 PM
I have to say -- I've been catching up on this on Tivo and am surprised at how much I like it. Pretty funny. My whole Thursday is about the OC and I watch nothing else usually, occassionaly Life As We KNow it, but TIvo has given me the opp to watch some Joey..not bad at all...

Brian Damage
11-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Welcome Van_Smack, I'm glad you are enjoying Joey. We need all the viewers we can get. Maybe you can Tivo the OC and watch Joey instead. ;)

spunkygirl
11-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Sounds good, thanks for the info :)

slackermonkey
11-18-2004, 08:36 PM
It was okay, a little too Joey-centric. I know it's Joey's show, but there needs to be less emphasis on him once and awhile.

Although I did like that Joey finally got a steady role. It should open up loads of story possibilities. (Which, by the way, is the event at the end of this episode that I was hinting at.)

spunkygirl
11-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Great episode, Howie rules :rock:

It's funny to see Joey go on auditons, but why doesn't he try to get back on Days of Our Lives? It would make more sense now since Days films in CA, compared to when he lived in NY :)

TJL
11-18-2004, 08:40 PM
A very funny episode. Thumbs up!

barwars
11-18-2004, 08:41 PM
One of the best, so far.
Not quite on par with "Joey and The Party".... but a close second.

I really liked the scene with the "daughter"

Everything was predictable, but I liked it.

And Bobbie -- still annoying.

slackermonkey
11-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Angela Micelli
Great episode, Howie rules :rock:

It's funny to see Joey go on auditons, but why doesn't he try to get back on Days of Our Lives? It would make more sense now since Days films in CA, compared to when he lived in NY :)

Because "DOOL" in the "Friends" universe is filmed in NY, not LA.

Little known fact: originally, the "Friends" writers were going to have Joey go on "One Life to Live" because it's actually filmed in NY, but NBC, always about the ratings and publicity, demanded that the writers use the much more popular "DOOL" instead. Which is why we have the weird continuity error of where "DOOL" is really filmed.

spunkygirl
11-18-2004, 08:46 PM

Little known fact: originally, the "Friends" writers were going to have Joey go on "One Life to Live" because it's actually filmed in NY, but NBC, always about the ratings and publicity, demanded that the writers use the much more popular "DOOL" instead. Which is why we have the weird continuity error of where "DOOL" is really filmed.

True, I always thought they chose Days because Jennifer Aniston's Dad is on the show :)

barwars
11-18-2004, 08:46 PM

Another thing is.... it's easy (and cheap) promotion for one of their own shows.

OLTL airs on ABC, if I'm not mistaken.

DOOL is on NBC.

Chambers
11-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Good episode overall.

Best line:

Joey: Thanks! And I got some really strong little girl vibes from you!

Best scene:
Joey and the daughter

Most disturbing scene:
Gina kissing Joey. Give the incest thing a rest. Small doses...small doses...Wasn't even that funny.

slackermonkey
11-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by barwars
Another thing is.... it's easy (and cheap) promotion for one of their own shows.

OLTL airs on ABC, if I'm not mistaken.

DOOL is on NBC.

God, I am just constantly confusing ABC and NBC lately, aren't I?

slackermonkey
11-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Chambers
Most disturbing scene:
Gina kissing Joey. Give the incest thing a rest. Small doses...small doses...Wasn't even that funny.

I thought the first time was fine, because it was Gina trying to help. And it did get a laugh out of me. The second time was just overkill.

Though I'm glad they're rarely using the cheap incest jokes. Most sitcoms by now would have milked every ounce out of that joke from every angle.

Chambers
11-18-2004, 09:10 PM
I thought the first time was fine, because it was Gina trying to help. And it did get a laugh out of me. The second time was just overkill.

Though I'm glad they're rarely using the cheap incest jokes. Most sitcoms by now would have milked every ounce out of that joke from every angle.

Yeah it was the second time that really killed it. The first time was pretty funny, though.

Brian Damage
11-18-2004, 10:21 PM
F*ck!!!! I worked late again. What gig did Joey get?

slackermonkey
11-18-2004, 10:24 PM
The lead in a series called "Deep Powder," which Bobbie described as "Baywatch on skis."

This'll be a recurring storyline over the next few episodes. I don't think it comes up next episode, but the episode after that will continue the storyline.

Brian Damage
11-18-2004, 10:28 PM
That is good news because it would be silly to have Joey be a struggling actor the entire series. Plus, Joey made a reference once or twice that Bobbie was this Super Hollywood Agent. It wouldn't make sense that she couldn't land Joey a job.

snl75
11-18-2004, 10:35 PM
one of the best ive seen so far ive said this before but i will say it again i look forward to watching joey almost as much as i used to look forward to watching friends but i agree with the gina thing enough already

Chambers
11-18-2004, 10:57 PM
The lead in a series called "Deep Powder," which Bobbie described as "Baywatch on skis."

Hahaha
It's like The Mountain. God, what a dumb show.

slackermonkey
11-18-2004, 11:07 PM
You think it could be NBC's way of taking potshots at "The Mountain?"

snl75
11-19-2004, 02:26 AM
i was thinking the same thing as i watched the ep.

TJL
11-19-2004, 04:43 AM
You think it could be NBC's way of taking potshots at "The Mountain?"

Yeah, and probably a few other youth oriented dramas on prime time.

I mean the girl playing Joey's "daughter" is obviously in her twenties, since she graduated from Norhtwestern's rival a few years earlier, but she's playing a teenager on "Deep Powder."

Too funny.

;)

tvfan0101
11-19-2004, 09:36 AM
I actually really enjoyed this episode. A few more like it and who knows, Joey may actually be hitting its stride.

The second Joey-Gina kiss was just pointless but the first one was hilarious. And it seemed to work, too!

While I realize this is television I really hated the fact that Joey was able to pretend to be a graduate of Northwestern for so long and nobody noticed. In reality, I think he would have been found out right away.