PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the ratings week 8

Brian Damage
11-05-2004, 09:27 PM
November sweeps kicked off on Thursday night, as Joey entered its first sweeps month against not only a new episode of Survivor but also the season premiere of The O.C.. While Survivor dominated as usual, Joey managed to crush The O.C. by more than 50 percent. However, CBS owned the night, led by another incredible performance from CSI. With an 8.3 rating and a 13 share, Joey increased its audience from the last new episode two weeks ago, which aired opposite the baseball playoffs. With an estimate of 12.55 million viewers, the episode ranked sixth for the night, as shown by the preliminary ratings.

1. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: 18.7/27

2. Without a Trace: 14.1/22

3. Survivor: Vanuatu, Islands of Fire: 12.2/19

4. ER: 11.6/18

5. The Apprentice 2: 10.5/15

6. Joey: 8.3/13

7. Will & Grace: 8.0/12

CBS won the first night of sweeps with ease, averaging a 15.0/23 that was nearly 50 percent ahead of NBC's second-place 10.1/15. As of last week, Joey ranks sixteenth in the season-to-date ratings with a 9.2/15 average. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation has a stranglehold on the number-one spot with a 17.8/27, while Joey is the number-three sitcom behind Everybody Loves Raymond and Two and a Half Men. Joey's recurring "dream girl" storyline concludes next Thursday night, beginning the second week of November sweeps.

Brian Damage
11-05-2004, 10:01 PM
I think this is great news. After a couple of weeks with ratings plummeting, it steadied out, now it looks like the numbers are increasing.

spunkygirl
11-06-2004, 12:03 AM
:woohoo: Great! I knew Joey just needed time to find it's audience, looks like it's finally doing it :D

slackermonkey
11-06-2004, 12:30 AM
I knew the ratings would level out soon. Glad to hear it.

Also glad to hear that "The O.C." didn't register a blip in the ratings against "Joey." And since a season premiere tends to be the highest rated episode of a season (except maybe a season finale in some cases), I have no doubt that "The O.C." won't be much of a threat.

DukeDevils9192
11-06-2004, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't count The OC out just yet. They're still a threat. Look at their ratings from last year. They would go from a 6.4 to a 7.9 from week to week. I don't know why and it may not happen this year, but it's still going to pull in solid numbers, I bet, even if the premiere was weak.