PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Dream Girl part 2 11/11/04

Brian Damage
11-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Joey plans a getaway with Donna (Guest Star - Kelly Preston) to keep her mind off her husband. Donna's ex-husband calls and wants to try and fix their marriage, but Donna doesn't tell Joey about it, so Gina does. Alex learns that one advantage of being hot, is that hse gets free stuff. Paulo Costanzo (Michael) and Ben Falcone (Howard) also star.

barwars
11-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Who has the money?!

TOLD you Howard would join the cast.

slackermonkey
11-05-2004, 05:19 PM
He'll be a semi-regular, like Bobbie.

Chambers
11-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Ok, so I'm kinda liking the whole Gina/Michael dynamic. Has that ever been done before? Having a mother think it's cool to have people think she's dating her son?...like the Oedipal complex only in reverse.

So far I'm liking the episode. Not wonderful, but good.

slackermonkey
11-11-2004, 08:52 PM
I liked it, not as much as part 1, but it was good. Kelly Preston still was kinda meh, but this episode was maybe Alex's biggest role on the show yet, and... more Howard!

Donna's husband was kind of annoying, but I loved how Gina handled it. "Is the earthquake over?" "No, we'll tell you. Go back in the closet."

I also like Gina and Michael's dynamic, I think it's hilarious. And they do it in a way that it doesn't come off as grossly incestuous.

Joker85
11-11-2004, 09:11 PM
I liked it better than part 1, mostly because of :

a) The Gina/Michael dynamic was really good here

b) HOWARD!!

c) Joey's line: "I've never been the smartest person in the room before!"

Alex's storyline was cute, but quite frankly the Joey/Kelly Preston thing just wasn't very good IMO. Not really worthy of a two parter. Oh well, still enjoyed all the subplots.

Chambers
11-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
And they do it in a way that it doesn't come off as grossly incestuous.

Yeah, the understated way they go about it is a large part of the comedic effect.

I also didn't like Kelly Preston. I'm glad she's gone.

barwars
11-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Chambers
I also didn't like Kelly Preston. I'm glad she's gone.

Me too.
This was much better than part one.... Howard was great, as usual.
I really liked the Gina/Michael thing.... and the Alex/Michael thing as well.
Finally some scenes without Joey! (nothing against him, but this was a first)

slackermonkey
11-11-2004, 10:02 PM
No, in "Book Club" there was that scene with just Gina and Alex, when they were in her apartment.

I do hope they start doing more scenes without him... just because he's the star doesn't mean he has to be there ALL the time.

snl75
11-11-2004, 10:09 PM
i enjoyed this ep. i esp. liked the alex subplot also good to see howard again this show is getting better and better every week

Brian Damage
11-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Anything with Howard is ok by me.

DukeDevils9192
11-12-2004, 12:15 AM
I liked last week better, but this was still great fun.

"I miss doing you." Wasn't that it? Great line.

TJL
11-12-2004, 04:57 AM
The scene where Joey and Micheal informed Alex she is a "hot girl" was very funny.
Joey and his nephew make a good team.

bananasplit
11-12-2004, 11:31 PM
I thought it was a pretty good episode. One of the best so far. Lots of funny stuff.

spunkygirl
11-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Great episode, I really liked it. Great to see more Howie :D

katefandream04
11-15-2004, 05:49 PM
It was a great episode. I liked when Gina and Michael walked in the room w/ rose petals because the hotel people thought they were a couple...:lol:

TJL
11-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Okay, now that it's been established that Alex has a "hot sister," how long before she makes an appearence?

And what big name star will they get to play her?

;)

slackermonkey
11-15-2004, 07:50 PM
I was wondering the same thing. This is the second time Alex has gone out of her way to mention her hot sister.

But then, Rachel first mentioned her sisters in season 1 of "Friends," but they didn't show up until season 6 and season 9, respectively. So who knows, it could go either way; it may be awhile before we see Alex's sister.