PDA

View Full Version : NBC orders two more first season episodes of "Joey"

slackermonkey
11-01-2004, 08:31 PM
From TV Guide:

NBC has ordered two additional episodes of Joey, bringing the spin-off's first-season episode order to 24. A source tells me the Peacock requested the extra episodes because, well, "they really need it." Another thing they really need: Better scripts.

I agree with the last part. It's far from being a terrible show, but "Joey" could stand to be a little more sharply written. Still, it's early in the first season, so maybe we should hold off judgment until the end of the season.

barwars
11-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
I agree with the last part. It's far from being a terrible show, but "Joey" could stand to be a little more sharply written. Still, it's early in the first season, so maybe we should hold off judgment until the end of the season.

That's great news!! And I definately agree, it's not as smart as it could/should be. Joey may get some Emmy love, but it won't be for the writing.

slackermonkey
11-01-2004, 10:30 PM
It's definitely not as smart as "Friends" was in its first seven episodes, which is what really disappoints me. Although I have a feeling that "Joey" will start to pick up a lot pretty soon. It has too much potential not to.

Brian Damage
11-01-2004, 11:21 PM
Well this next two parter might be an indication of what the Joey writing staff can do. Usually, networks save their biggest and best episodes of shows for sweeps. Let's see how they handle it this month.