PDA

View Full Version : no new Joey on 11/25

slackermonkey
11-01-2004, 07:48 PM
"Joey" will not be airing on November 25. It will finish its sweeps run this month on November 18 with the episode 'Joey and the Big Audition.'

On November 25, NBC will preempt "Joey" by running an hour-long Thanksgiving episode of "Will & Grace" from 8 to 9pm et.

I don't mind "Will & Grace" taking "Joey's" timeslot for that one week, but I'm a little pissed that we won't get a Thanksgiving episode of "Joey." It was a tradition on "Friends" that should have been carried over to this show, especially with the newer emphasis on family.

spunkygirl
11-01-2004, 08:26 PM
I agree with you. But it ticks me off that Will and Grace get the whole hour. IMO that's no way to treat a new show, seriously is NBC trying to kill Joey?

Even if they had to air 2 Joey's back to back, then Will and Grace that I wouldn't have minded, but geez :mad:

slackermonkey
11-01-2004, 08:38 PM
What? If NBC wanted to kill "Joey," they would have taken it off for sweeps altogether.

The "Joey" writers only planned three episodes for sweeps, when they thought they were only getting a 22-episode order. "Will & Grace" is only getting one more episode for sweeps. It's not too big a deal. "Friends" would often preempt "Will & Grace" for a week when it'd run an hour-long episode, but "W&G" is still around. Kind of ironic that now "W&G" gets to repay the favor to "Friends'" spinoff.

spunkygirl
11-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
What? If NBC wanted to kill "Joey," they would have taken it off for sweeps altogether.

The "Joey" writers only planned three episodes for sweeps, when they thought they were only getting a 22-episode order. "Will & Grace" is only getting one more episode for sweeps. It's not too big a deal. "Friends" would often preempt "Will & Grace" for a week when it'd run an hour-long episode, but "W&G" is still around. Kind of ironic that now "W&G" gets to repay the favor to "Friends'" spinoff.

Yeah true, I'm just mad, that's no way to treat a show especially during sweeps.

Yeah that is ironic :)

barwars
11-01-2004, 09:36 PM
I was surprised the Seinfeld won't be airing until later at night.

barwars
11-01-2004, 09:40 PM
As much as I would have loved to see the Thanksgiving tradition move over into the new series, I understand why W&G gets the hour.

Keeping with the Thanksgiving theme.... it would be like having the new son-in-law cut the family turkey (or in this case, peacock), while dad has to sit back and watch.

Brian Damage
11-01-2004, 11:25 PM
To be honest, I'm glad there is no thanksgiving episode. That was a Friends tradition, not a Joey one. Let this show start its own tradition. Maybe Christmas, New Years Eve whatever.

slackermonkey
11-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Oh, I know. I'm not one of those crazy fans who thinks "Joey" should emulate "Friends" in every way possible.

But "Friends" always did great Thanksgiving episodes, and now that Joey is surrounded with family, it seems appropriate to continue that. In a way, I'm glad they're not doing it too, but I've just grown too accustomed to seeing Joey celebrate Thanksgiving each November.

Brian Damage
11-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Have you heard anything about a holiday episode?

slackermonkey
11-02-2004, 12:11 AM
No, just the first ten.

I know that eleven have been filmed so far, with the 12th to film this Friday, but no details on those two yet.

barwars
11-02-2004, 07:28 AM
I think the cool part of the Friends Thanksgiving episodes was that they always aired on Thanksgiving.

Any other holiday.... and the day of the week changes constantly.

spunkygirl
11-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
Oh, I know. I'm not one of those crazy fans who thinks "Joey" should emulate "Friends" in every way possible.

But "Friends" always did great Thanksgiving episodes, and now that Joey is surrounded with family, it seems appropriate to continue that. In a way, I'm glad they're not doing it too, but I've just grown too accustomed to seeing Joey celebrate Thanksgiving each November.

I think they should continue it. It's like saying now that Joey has moved away from his best friends, he no longer celebrates Thanksgiving :(

barwars
11-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Angela Micelli
I think they should continue it. It's like saying now that Joey has moved away from his best friends, he no longer celebrates Thanksgiving :(

I don't think so.
Maybe eventually, but Joey should have a signature of its own.