PDA

View Full Version : What would you like the show to focus more on?


Brian Damage
10-23-2004, 01:21 PM
What would you prefer the show to really focus on?

slackermonkey
10-23-2004, 01:38 PM
Anything that takes the characters out of that apartment and into more locations.

The emphasis on his family is fine as it is, the settings just need to be... less claustrophobic.

DukeDevils9192
10-23-2004, 05:27 PM
It needs to be on Joey's family. It needs to be on everyone and they need to take Joey out of every scene. The characters are never going to develop if Joey is in EVERY scene. You have to take risks to get the most out of a sitcom.

*GoodMorningCalgary*
10-23-2004, 06:25 PM
yeah those are some pretty good suggestions. But they should focus on the family. and I tottally agree about the different locations, They should have some scenes on location like at the beach and stuff. so we can see more of L.A!

spunkygirl
10-23-2004, 08:53 PM
I agree, they need to get them out of that apartment more, have them go on a vacation, that would make a great story :lol:

IheartMoonlighting
10-23-2004, 08:59 PM
The writers need to watch the first couple of seasons of Frasier. I'm not kidding. They need to find something for Joey to do. They also need another hangout.

barwars
10-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by IheartMoonlighting
The writers need to watch the first couple of seasons of Frasier. I'm not kidding. They need to find something for Joey to do. They also need another hangout.

Very true.
Joey has more in common with Frasier than Friends.


I think a perfect mix of work and family would be nice. (acting can provide endless storylines)
I don't think they should take the family out of the "normal" environment, at least for now.

Look at Cheers.... in the first 2 and a half seasons, the only scenes outside the bar were at Diane's apartment, which was only used about half a dozen times. That's 40some-odd number episodes in one location.

IheartMoonlighting
10-25-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by barwars
Very true.
Joey has more in common with Frasier than Friends.


I think a perfect mix of work and family would be nice. (acting can provide endless storylines)
I don't think they should take the family out of the "normal" environment, at least for now.

Look at Cheers.... in the first 2 and a half seasons, the only scenes outside the bar were at Diane's apartment, which was only used about half a dozen times. That's 40some-odd number episodes in one location. I thought about Cheers but Cheers was more of an ensemble. Plus the action had to stay inside the bar. Also, Cheers usually had an A and B story. All of the action on Joey seems to be too Joey centered right now. The writers need to find a job for him or another hangout for him. I think another good set up would be to have part of the action take place at Gina's hair shop. It would not seem odd for Joey to hang out at her shop.

tiff7
10-26-2004, 04:38 PM
JOEY & only Joey! Maybe they should go to Disney World or some other fun place!

Tiff7

Jenna xox
10-26-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by tiff7
JOEY & only Joey! Maybe they should go to Disney World or some other fun place!

Tiff7

WTF?!? This isn't TGIF garbage. I wanna see Joey and his love life.

spunkygirl
10-26-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Jenna xox
WTF?!? This isn't TGIF garbage. I wanna see Joey and his love life.

Excuse me, she has a right to her opinion, thank you!

tiff7
10-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Thank you Angela 4 defending me! :D

Tiff7

ChambersVsMalone
10-30-2004, 10:53 PM
I agree, they do need another hangout. Gina's own salon would've been perfect, but since they went away from that, who knows. With Cheers the one set was the bar, but there was more that could be going on there, I guess that's the difference to me? The apartment seems to get boring pretty quickly since the people and activity there is minimal.

But anyway, I'd like the show to focus on his family for the most part, but also touch on and give time to both his work and his love life. His love life was never really serious on Friends, and he never got the fame he wanted on Friends, so it would be nice for them to work with those things on Joey.