PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the ratings Week 5

Brian Damage
10-08-2004, 06:35 PM
NBC executives have to be very concerned right now. For the first time in over a decade, it is very evident that the network has conceded control over Thursday night to CBS. Joey has lost a significant portion of its audience every week this season, and is now pulling barely more than half the audience that Friends averaged last season. With just 12.6 million viewers, this week's episode of Joey lost another 7 percent from last week and is now 32 percent below the audience level for its premiere four weeks ago. Survivor: Vanuatu, Islands of Fire won the opening hour of primetime for CBS with ease, continuing its undefeated streak against Joey. Thursday night marked the first time in NBC's history that less than 9 percent of households with television sets tuned in to its new 8:00 programming. With just an 8.6 rating and a 14 share, Joey ranked sixth for the night, as shown by the preliminary numbers.

Brian Damage
10-08-2004, 06:41 PM
09/09/04
Pilot
12.1/20
18.55 million

09/16/04
Joey and the Student
10.1/17
15.37 million

09/23/04
Joey and the Party
9.6/16
14.87 million

09/30/04
Joey and the Book Club
9.0/15
13.59 million

10/07/04
Joey and the Perfect Storm
8.6/14
12.62 million

TVFactFan
10-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Brian Damage
09/09/04
Pilot
12.1/20
18.55 million

09/16/04
Joey and the Student
10.1/17
15.37 million

09/23/04
Joey and the Party
9.6/16
14.87 million

09/30/04
Joey and the Book Club
9.0/15
13.59 million

10/07/04
Joey and the Perfect Storm
8.6/14
12.62 million

Well Brian i guess Joey's sister is turning everbody off with her Trashy disposition-LOL !!!!! Next week the show will have 5.6 Million.

slackermonkey
10-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Well, we can take comfort in the fact that "Will & Grace's" ratings are sinking each week too, and "Joey" is still ahead of it.

barwars
10-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Ouch.

Mother-Zucker must be in tears.

Brian Damage
10-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
Well, we can take comfort in the fact that "Will & Grace's" ratings are sinking each week too, and "Joey" is still ahead of it.

I also think that Survivor is going to get played out sooner or later. It's the same garbage week after week, year after year.

spunkygirl
10-09-2004, 05:58 AM
IMO if a show is still doing fairly decent ratings then it should be allright.

I think ratings for alot of shows are down this year so far. Alot of the big hits(like CSI) and others aren't pulling in what they were last year are they?

Besides NBC can't expect "friends" sized ratings with Joey

Chambers
10-09-2004, 01:34 PM
One Friends guest appearance will be enough to raise the ratings...I hope.

TVFactFan
10-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Chambers
One Friends guest appearance will be enough to raise the ratings...I hope.

I don't know about that because the Friends Cast Members can't make a guest appearance ever week-lol

Chambers
10-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by TVShow Analyzer
I don't know about that because the Friends Cast Members can't make a guest appearance ever week-lol

No, but one guest appearance may attract more first-time viewers - people who haven't seen it yet. If they like it, maybe they'll watch again next week. I think Joey will eventually find its audience...it just needs more time. Hopefully NBC will allow for that.

spunkygirl
10-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Chambers
No, but one guest appearance may attract more first-time viewers - people who haven't seen it yet. If they like it, maybe they'll watch again next week. I think Joey will eventually find its audience...it just needs more time. Hopefully NBC will allow for that.

I agree, plus Friends wasn't pulling in nearly the numbers in the first season that they did in the later seasons.

barwars
10-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Angela Micelli
I agree, plus Friends wasn't pulling in nearly the numbers in the first season that they did in the later seasons.

Actually, they pulled in more.
NBC Thursdays were much higher rated in the Seinfeld days.

spunkygirl
10-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by barwars
Actually, they pulled in more.
NBC Thursdays were much higher rated in the Seinfeld days.

:confused: really? I read somewhere that their first season wasn't rated as nearly as high

barwars
10-09-2004, 08:07 PM
:confused: really? I read somewhere that their first season wasn't rated as nearly as high

Im not positive about the first season, but I do know Friends had its best ratings in the late 90s.

(sorry for bringing up Frasier again, but, I must....)

Something weird about Frasier is that more people watched the series premiere than the series finale.
Sad, but true.

spunkygirl
10-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by barwars
Im not positive about the first season, but I do know Friends had its best ratings in the late 90s.

(sorry for bringing up Frasier again, but, I must....)

Something weird about Frasier is that more people watched the series premiere than the series finale.
Sad, but true.

You are probably right, I was watching the Biography Channel, and they were talking about Friends, and that the first season wasn't rated as high as the rest, that Friends really didn't take off till it's second season :)

barwars
10-09-2004, 08:11 PM
You are probably right, I was watching the Biography Channel, and they were talking about Friends, and that the first season wasn't rated as high as the rest, that Friends really didn't take off till it's second season :)

The first season is actually my favorite. (barely any drama)

DukeDevils9192
10-10-2004, 12:04 AM
Yeah, Friends didn't break out until season 2 when the Ross and Rachel stuff took off. Thursdays were higher rated as a whole perhaps due to Seinfeld, but Friends was way behind what it was doing by mid-run.

Speaking of Seinfeld, remember that in its earliest days, it was the critics that kept it alive, not the viewers. It took a season or two to establish a strong following. Of course, it's kind of different with Joey since this character already had a following. Still, I think people are skeptical about Joey being put into a new surrounding. It just needs more episodes under its belt. The longer it's on, the better chance it has to gain viewers.

I don't see NBC giving up on the show early. Matt's been way too important to the network's success, especially in the post-Seinfeld years.

We'll see, though.

Chambers
10-10-2004, 11:13 PM
I still wish they'd do more to make Joey stand out. So far it still feels a little too much like Friends...only in yellow. They need a better theme song, for starters. The one they have now is like the poor man's version of "I'll be there for you" or whatever that song is called.