PDA

View Full Version : Question for any Friends fans

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 11:42 AM
What are the names of all of Joey's sisters?

spunkygirl
10-06-2004, 11:43 AM
:eek: OMG I can't remember. I think all the names sounded alike, you could check at friends-boards :)

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 11:46 AM
I know of only two, Gina and Dina.

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 11:46 AM
How many sisters does he have anyway?

spunkygirl
10-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Brian Damage
How many sisters does he have anyway?

I think there were 5 but don't quote me on that ;)

spunkygirl
10-06-2004, 11:58 AM
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/~joern/friends/season3/episode11.html

Gina, Dina, Cookie, Mary Theresa and Nonna

I don't know if that's all of them though :)

dlemond
10-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Angela Micelli
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/~joern/friends/season3/episode11.html

Gina, Dina, Cookie, Mary Theresa and Nonna

I don't know if that's all of them though :)

Nonna was the grandmother.

Mary Angela was another one in that episode.

Also:

Joey says he has 7 sisters in The One With All The Jam.

Only six have been named though:

Gina, Dina, Mary Angela, Mary Theresa, and Cookie are all in the episode The One Where Chandler Can't Remember Which Sister.

Tina is mentioned in The One With The Boobies.

spunkygirl
10-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by dlemond
Nonna was the grandmother.

Mary Angela was another one in that episode.

Also:

Joey says he has 7 sisters in The One With All The Jam.

Only six have been named though:

Gina, Dina, Mary Angela, Mary Theresa, and Cookie are all in the episode The One Where Chandler Can't Remember Which Sister.

Tina is mentioned in The One With The Boobies.

Thanks, I couldn't remember their names, so I didn't know if Nonna was right :)

slackermonkey
10-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Joey has seven sisters - Gina, Dina, Tina, Mary Angela, Mary Therese, Veronica and Cookie. Gina is the oldest, Joey is the second oldest, and Dina is the youngest. Everyone else is somewhere in between, they never specifically mention the others' ages.

Nonni was the name of Joey's grandmother who didn't speak English.

TJL
10-06-2004, 04:05 PM
I see some potential guest stars during sweeps week.

barwars
10-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
Joey has seven sisters - Gina, Dina, Tina, Mary Angela, Mary Therese, Veronica and Cookie. Gina is the oldest, Joey is the second oldest, and Dina is the youngest. Everyone else is somewhere in between, they never specifically mention the others' ages.

Nonni was the name of Joey's grandmother who didn't speak English.

Ive only recently started to watch Friends.... did we ever see any of his sisters??

slackermonkey
10-06-2004, 06:34 PM
In season 3's "The One Where Chandler Can't Remember Which Sister," we meet all seven of them and learn their names, but not which sister is which, except in a few cases. Only a few of them have any lines and we barely get to know them. They're just there to move Chandler's story forward, pretty much.

In season 8's "The One With Monica's Boots," Joey's youngest sister Dina shows up to visit him with some news. She comes by herself and we get to know a bit about her as a character, but she was played by a different actress than in season 3. Understandable, since we never learned which sister was Dina before, and the actress who played her in season 3 was basically in the background.

Otherwise, Joey's sisters were only mentioned throughout "Friends." We meet both of his grandmothers once (one in "Chandler Can't Remember Which Sister" and the other, Nonni, in season 5's "The One Where Ross Can't Flirt"), and his parents once (in season 1's "The One With the Boobies"), but that's it. That's why I'm glad Joey was the character who was spun off - we know so little about his family and his background.

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks for that info :wave:

barwars
10-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
In season 3's "The One Where Chandler Can't Remember Which Sister," we meet all seven of them and learn their names, but not which sister is which, except in a few cases. Only a few of them have any lines and we barely get to know them. They're just there to move Chandler's story forward, pretty much.

In season 8's "The One With Monica's Boots," Joey's youngest sister Dina shows up to visit him with some news. She comes by herself and we get to know a bit about her as a character, but she was played by a different actress than in season 3. Understandable, since we never learned which sister was Dina before, and the actress who played her in season 3 was basically in the background.

Otherwise, Joey's sisters were only mentioned throughout "Friends." We meet both of his grandmothers once (one in "Chandler Can't Remember Which Sister" and the other, Nonni, in season 5's "The One Where Ross Can't Flirt"), and his parents once (in season 1's "The One With the Boobies"), but that's it. That's why I'm glad Joey was the character who was spun off - we know so little about his family and his background.

thanks for the info!!
I have Season 3 on DVD, but havent started to watch it yet.... I'll get to it soon. (especially "The One Where Chandley Can't Remember Which Sister")
I wonder who was suppossed to be Gina the first time around.

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 08:17 PM
The actress' name is K.J. Steinberg.

FriendsFanForever
10-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the info!

(BTW: This is my 1 year anniversary on this site! I't been great! ;) )

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Happy 1 year anniversary party: