PDA

View Full Version : Joey's new sister?

spunkygirl
10-06-2004, 10:08 AM
According to the new tvguide:

As if Drea DeMatteo wasn't enough sister for Matt LeBlanc, Joey producers are casting a second sibling for his title character. Sources confirm the latest addition to the Tribbiani clan could arrive as early as November, and will likely be played by a name actress. NBC declined to comment.

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 10:19 AM
So from what this says, there is going to be a new regular on the show?

spunkygirl
10-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Brian Damage
So from what this says, there is going to be a new regular on the show?

Hmmm sounds like it. Sounds like NBC is hesitant to confirm this, maybe they're afraid they can't get the person they want for the role. I think Marisa Tomei would perfect as Joey's sister :)

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 10:47 AM
I agree, I think they already approached Tomei to play a role on Joey as Gina's best friend. A role that later went to Kelly Preston. I'd love to see her on the show as a sister.

Chambers
10-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Angela Micelli
I think Marisa Tomei would perfect as Joey's sister :)

I like that idea. But hopefully they won't make this sister a carbon copy of the other ones - like it was in Friends.

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Chambers
I like that idea. But hopefully they won't make this sister a carbon copy of the other ones - like it was in Friends.

agreed. This sister should maybe be book smart or at the very least not trashy like Joey and Gina.

spunkygirl
10-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Chambers

I agree, she could be like the one who went to college and got a degree or something :)

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 11:48 AM
The only thing is, you don't want this sister to be too similar to Michael either.

Chambers
10-06-2004, 01:55 PM
The only thing is, you don't want this sister to be too similar to Michael either.

True.
She could have the same Job as Gina for all I care - just as long as she has a different personality.

barwars
10-06-2004, 03:52 PM
ouch.

early shark.

The new sister could however make the show better.... but for now it seems like a long-haul ratings stunt.

slackermonkey
10-06-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm pretty sure the new sister is not going to be a regular.

slackermonkey
11-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Whatever happened to this? I haven't heard anything about casting for this role, and nothing's been announced yet. She won't be appearing until at least January at this point, either... maybe they're saving her for a February sweeps stunt?

Anyway, I nominate Gina Gershon for the part, assuming the new sister is one of Joey's older ones.

Come to think of it, why don't they just have Joey's younger sister Dina come back? The one played by Marla Sokoloff. She was cute, and it'd save them some time on casting and establishing another sister character (aside from Gina and Dina, none of the sisters have any definable personalities, due to them barely appearing on Friends).

tsmiller70
12-01-2004, 07:41 PM
What happened to all the sisters on friends? Find one of them! Y'all remember the one where Chandler kisses her and can't remember what one it was. (because they all looked the same) That was funny! just a thought.

C-ya

slackermonkey
12-01-2004, 09:13 PM
I meant what happened to plans to have another of Joey's sisters appear on the show. I know his sisters still exist.

Brian Damage
12-04-2004, 06:48 PM
I think we'll see Alex's sister before we see another of Joey's. Just my opinion.

spunkygirl
12-04-2004, 06:58 PM
I think we'll see Alex's sister before we see another of Joey's. Just my opinion.

I think so too. I wonder who they'd get to play her sister? I think Teri Polo would be great in the role

Brian Damage
12-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Not a bad choice at all

spunkygirl
12-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Not a bad choice at all

Nope not at all, I think she looks enough like Alex and is very beautiful would fit in with the character the way Alex has described her

Brian Damage
12-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Teri Polo looks very familiar. Was she in another sitcom?

slackermonkey
12-04-2004, 08:31 PM
She was in last year's I'm With Her.

She's probably best known for her role in the two Meet the Parents movies.

Brian Damage
12-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
She's probably best known for her role in the two Meet the Parents movies.

That's where I know her from!