PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Nemesis 10/14/04

Brian Damage
10-02-2004, 01:39 PM
In this episode, Joey (Matt LeBlanc) meets his acting nemesis, Brian Michael David Scott (guest star, Michael Landes). Brian Michael is relentless in making a fool out of Joey at all of his auditions. At home, much to Michael's (Paulo Costanzo) dismay, his overbearing mother Gina (Drea de Matteo) finds out that he is sick and gets excited that she will get to take care of him. Joey decides to stay at Gina's house while Michael is sick and mistakenly meets Gina's boyfriend. TV-14

Brian Damage
10-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Sorry, there was a little mix up, this is the new episode that will air next thursday.

barwars
10-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Once again.... sounds better than last week!!

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 07:24 PM
*BUMP*

slackermonkey
10-06-2004, 07:28 PM
"Joey and the Perfect Storm" is airing tomorrow, not "Nemesis." NBC changed the order again a few days ago. I don't know why they can't make up their minds.

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Jeez!

slackermonkey
10-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Sorry to bug you again, but it's actually airing the 21st. "Husband" is airing the 14th.

At least they can't change it again, the episode is airing tomorrow. :p

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Why all the crazy changes?

slackermonkey
10-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Not sure. NBC hasn't even been airing the episodes in their "correct" order so far.

But for some reason, this month they can't decide which of the three same episodes they want to air each week. They've been changing it every few days. It's stayed like this since around Saturday or so, so it looks like they'll definitely be going with this order.

Brian Damage
10-12-2004, 10:53 PM
*BUMP*

barwars
10-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Sounds good.

slackermonkey
10-13-2004, 06:23 PM
By the way, something NBC's description doesn't mention:

This episode involves a sideplot with Gina continually parking in Alex's parking space, and Alex trying to be confrontational about it.

slackermonkey
10-13-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm bored, so here are some official pictures from tomorrow's episode. I put them in links in case of spoilers (they aren't spoiler-y, but some people complain at the slightest glimpse of anything from an upcoming episode) and so this page loads faster.

http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTbyN04.jpg%20.jpg

http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTbxN04.jpg

http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTbwN04.jpg%20.jpg

http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTbvN04.jpg

http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTbuN04.jpg

http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTbsN04.jpg

http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTbtN04.jpg

http://images.nbcmv.com/photos/preview/joey/2JOTbuN04.jpg

Brian Damage
10-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Just curious, where do you get all your information on the show?

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 01:10 AM
The pictures, episode descriptions and schedule come from http://www.nbcumv.com.

The rest... let's just say it helps to know friends in high places. :p

Chambers
10-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
The pictures, episode descriptions and schedule come from http://www.nbcumv.com.

The rest... let's just say it helps to know friends in high places. :p

Connections?? What's your story??

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Not exactly. I have a friend who works in press releases with Warner Bros. and occasionally gets slipped some information now and then. He passes it on to me.

This only happens every once and awhile though, so there are some episodes coming up I know absolutely nothing about. That's when I have to rely on nbcumv.com for info.

It's really not too exciting. ;)

spunkygirl
10-14-2004, 04:50 PM
This looks like a great episode, can't wait :)

barwars
10-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Not exactly. I have a friend who works in press releases with Warner Bros. and occasionally gets slipped some information now and then. He passes it on to me.

This only happens every once and awhile though, so there are some episodes coming up I know absolutely nothing about. That's when I have to rely on nbcumv.com for info.

It's really not too exciting. ;)

any DVD news.... PM me.

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 05:01 PM
From what I hear, they're planning on it, but waiting to see how the first season does in the ratings. I'm sure you can bank on it getting a DVD release, though.

Any real news I get and you'll be the first to know (if TVShowsonDVD or somewhere doesn't beat me first).

barwars
10-14-2004, 05:06 PM
From what I hear, they're planning on it, but waiting to see how the first season does in the ratings. I'm sure you can bank on it getting a DVD release, though.

Any real news I get and you'll be the first to know (if TVShowsonDVD or somewhere doesn't beat me first).

I would suppose....
Figure Seasons 9 and 10 of Friends over the Spring/Summer of 2005.

And then Joey - Season 1 sometime before the Second Season Premiere.

barwars
10-14-2004, 05:07 PM
I have to say....
I love that nbcumv.com site.

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Sadly, it's one of my favorite sites.

Great pictures and one of the best places to go for press releases, ratings news and all that.

They used to have a Frasier section up, but they've taken it down. The link might still work though: http://nbcumv.com/entertainment/program_detail.nbc/frasier.html

barwars
10-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Sadly, it's one of my favorite sites.

Great pictures and one of the best places to go for press releases, ratings news and all that.

They used to have a Frasier section up, but they've taken it down. The link might still work though: http://nbcumv.com/entertainment/program_detail.nbc/frasier.html

That sucks, it doesnt work.

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Eh, worth a shot. :p

Chambers
10-14-2004, 08:13 PM
The direction and the transition music are bugging me. It feels way too much like Friends.

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Wow, they cut out so much from this episode. The whole Gina/Alex story was taken out to the point where Alex didn't even appear.

Aside from that, this was only okay. Brian Michael got kind of annoying after awhile, but I did love the scenes with Roger. "We got sidetracked after passing by a Levi's store."

B-

Chambers
10-14-2004, 08:42 PM
It was pretty average.

I still feel like the show lacks something...I don't know what exactly.
Maybe it's because it lacks a central theme. The whole struggling actor thing doesn't tie the show together, and neither does the family/friends thing (since that's beginning to feel a bit contrived). At least with Frasier you had two constants: family life and the radio show. The constancy of those two elements allowed the characters to develop and for the viewers to remain focused on the story. With Joey, things seem unfocused, scattered, disjointed. Does anybody else sense this?

barwars
10-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Chambers
It was pretty average.

I still feel like the show lacks something...I don't know what exactly.
Maybe it's because it lacks a central theme. The whole struggling actor thing doesn't tie the show together, and neither does the family/friends thing (since that's beginning to feel a bit contrived). At least with Frasier you had two constants: family life and the radio show. The constancy of those two elements allowed the characters to develop and for the viewers to remain focused on the story. With Joey, things seem unfocused, scattered, disjointed. Does anybody else sense this?

I noticed that too. It seems like "something happens to Joey.... and the other characters may or may not be there."
This was probably my least favorite episode so far, I did like the scene with Bobbie however (and the final scene, which was obvious yet still funny, especially "comon, I'll give you a drive"). It really lacks something when its just the family interacting. (The boyfriend came out of nowhere, that was just stupid.... why would she want Joey's neighbor if they've been dating "for a couple of months")

Chambers
10-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by barwars
(and the final scene, which was obvious yet still funny, especially "comon, I'll give you a drive").

Haha, that line saved the last scene - it really was too obvious.

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by barwars
why would she want Joey's neighbor if they've been dating "for a couple of months")

NBC's airing them out of order. This was supposed to be the third episode.

This is the correct order:

1. Pilot
2. Joey and the Student
3. Joey and the Nemesis
4. Joey and the Party
5. Joey and the Husband - UNAIRED NOW
6. Joey and the Book Club
7. Joey and the Perfect Storm

barwars
10-14-2004, 09:04 PM

1. Pilot
2. Joey and the Student
3. Joey and the Nemesis
4. Joey and the Party

NBC is run by idiots.
My favorite is still "Joey and the Party"
I wonder if we'll begin to abbreviate the title to something like "J&T Blah"

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Well, to be fair, I'm guessing "Nemesis" was held back because Brian Michael was recast from Michael Landes to Bob Odenkirk. I have no idea why "Husband" is being held back though.

At least aside from those two, they've aired the remaining 5 in order.

spunkygirl
10-14-2004, 09:08 PM

1. Pilot
2. Joey and the Student
3. Joey and the Nemesis
4. Joey and the Party

:confused: Why are they airing them out of order? Are they trying to kill the show :rolleyes:

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 09:11 PM
See my post above.

There's a reason for #3 being held back, but I don't know about #5.

spunkygirl
10-14-2004, 09:15 PM
See my post above.

Thanks, I missed that post. I was confused too when she said they'd been dating for 5 months, I was like :confused:

barwars
10-14-2004, 09:15 PM
See my post above.

Maybe they want Alex's husband to be a big deal, maybe sweeps??

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 09:18 PM
I was thinking they were saving "Husband" to build suspense for the Joey/Alex storyline, but they're airing it next week, not for sweeps.

Unless they wanted to save it for sweeps, but since the two Kelly Preston episodes are airing in November, they're airing "Husband" as close to sweeps as possible?

barwars
10-14-2004, 09:19 PM
I was thinking they were saving "Husband" to build suspense for the Joey/Alex storyline, but they're airing it next week, not for sweeps.

Unless they wanted to save it for sweeps, but since the two Kelly Preston episodes are airing in November, they're airing "Husband" as close to sweeps as possible?

I don't get it.... but as long as it airs.

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 09:21 PM
As long as they're in order on the DVD, I don't care how NBC airs them.

barwars
10-14-2004, 09:23 PM
As long as they're in order on the DVD, I don't care how NBC airs them.

Exactly.
I like the security we get with Joey that it won't be cancelled (at least for a few years).... because there's no new show that can be more high profile than a Friends-spinoff.

slackermonkey
10-14-2004, 09:25 PM
I hate to say it's guaranteed to be around a few years. I don't want to jinx it. :p

But it's not as if NBC has anything better to replace it with.

barwars
10-14-2004, 09:27 PM
I hate to say it's guaranteed to be around a few years. I don't want to jinx it. :p

But it's not as if NBC has anything better to replace it with.

That's my point.
Nothing will get better ratings than Joey is getting. (maybe it will pick up when Survivor ends)

Joker85
10-14-2004, 11:40 PM
My least favorite episode by far. Joey/the actor with the long ass name was kinda stupid. And I'm glad to see Barwars, that you enjoyed Bobbi's scene:D She got the best line of the night:

"Yeah, well I can't believe they can take fat out of my ass and put it in my lips." :lol:

Brad
10-15-2004, 12:45 AM
I was delighted to see Bob Odenkirk (Mr. Show With Bob And David) as Brian Michael David Scott.

snl75
10-15-2004, 03:59 AM
it wasant too bad not as good as the other eps. tho

Brian Damage
10-15-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by AKA
I was delighted to see Bob Odenkirk (Mr. Show With Bob And David) as Brian Michael David Scott.

Isn't he also that guy from the stupid Miller Lite commercials where he wants to be President of Beers against Bud Light?

Brian Damage
10-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Overall an average show, no Alex, and little sustenance. This might be the worst of the bunch so far.

Brad
10-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Brian Damage
Isn't he also that guy from the stupid Miller Lite commercials where he wants to be President of Beers against Bud Light? I'm afraid so. I was actually appalled he was even doing a commercial in the first place.

Brian Damage
10-16-2004, 10:17 AM
From this pic, I see what you mean slackermonkey about totally editing out Alex in this week's episode.

barwars
10-16-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Brian Damage
From this pic, I see what you mean slackermonkey about totally editing out Alex in this week's episode.

I cant wait until the eventual DVD. Hopefully they'll save what they cut.... like with Friends.

slackermonkey
10-16-2004, 03:24 PM
The Alex stuff was pretty funny too, and this episode is also where the Gina/Alex rivalry first starts. Damn you, NBC, for your dumbass scheduling and random cuts.

barwars
10-16-2004, 04:26 PM
The Alex stuff was pretty funny too, and this episode is also where the Gina/Alex rivalry first starts. Damn you, NBC, for your dumbass scheduling and random cuts.

are these insider ties closer than we were told??

.... I think slackermonkey is Matt LeBlanc.

slackermonkey
10-17-2004, 01:19 AM
If only. :p

slackermonkey
10-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Here's the audition pages from the original draft of the script for the part of Actor #1 from this episode.

ACT ONE

SCENE B

FADE IN:

INT. AUDITION ROOM - DAY (DAY 1)
(Joey, Brian Michael, Actor #1, Woman, Extras)

A BUNCH OF ACTORS WHO ARE JOEY'S TYPE ARE LOOKING OVER THEIR SIDES. JOEY ENTERS AND CROSSES TO A DESK WHERE A WOMAN SITS.

JOEY
Hi, I'm here to read for "Outraged Man."

WOMAN
Just sign in right here.

JOEY
("ACTING") Like hell I will! (THEN) Sorry, I bet people have been doing that to you all day.

WOMAN
Nope, you're the only one.

JOEY
(COCKY) All right.

HE SIGNS THE SHEET AND GOES TO SIT WITH THE OTHER ACTORS.

JOEY (cont'd)
(TO ACTOR #1) Hey.

ACTOR #1
Hey.

JOEY
Wow, there's a lot of people here for such a small part.

ACTOR #1
There are no small parts, only small actors.

JOEY
You mean... children?

ACTOR #1
Uh, if you don't mind. I need to go over my lines.

JOEY
Not me. (TAPS HEAD) I got 'em all up here. (THINKS, THEN) Nope.

HE LEANS IN TO READ THE OTHER ACTOR'S SIDES. THE ACTOR GETS UP AND CROSSES TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM. AFTER A BEAT, A DIFFERENT ACTOR, BRIAN MICHAEL SCOTT, SITS NEXT TO JOEY. HE OFFERS JOEY HIS SCRIPT.

BRIAN MICHAEL
Hey, buddy, you need to look on?

JOEY
Yeah, thanks. (LOOKS AT SCRIPT) Oh, right. Got it.

BRIAN MICHAEL
(EXTENDS HAND) I'm Brian Michael Scott.

The above page and this part are for auditioning Woman.

JOEY
Shouldn't we tell these guys?

BRIAN MICHAEL
Screw them. They wouldn't tell us.

JOEY
You're right. Thanks. (THEN) It was really great meeting you, Brian... somethin', somethin'.

BRIAN MICHAEL
Brian Michael Scott.

JOEY
How do you feel about "dude"?

BRIAN MICHAEL
Awesome, my brotha.

JOEY
(TO OTHER ACTORS, KNOWINGLY) Hey guys, good luck on your "audition".

JOEY WINKS AT BRIAN MICHAEL AND EXITS.

WOMAN
Joey Tribbiani? Joey? (THEN) Anyone know who Joey Tribbiani is?

BRIAN MICHAEL
Never heard of him.

AND WE...

CUT TO:

And some pages for auditioning Actor #2 and Man.

SCENE D

INT. AUDITION ROOM #2 - DAY (DAY 2)
(Joey, Brian Michael, Actor #2, Man, Extras)

JOEY IS THERE WITH A BUNCH OF OTHER ACTORS, GOING OVER THEIR SIDES. HE TURNS TO AN ACTOR NEXT TO HIM.

JOEY
Excuse me? (OFF SCRIPT) How would you read this line?

ACTOR #2
Uh... "Hello"?

JOEY
(SINCERE) Interesting choice.

BRIAN MICHAEL ENTERS FROM THE OFFICE.

BRIAN MICHAEL
Joey?

JOEY
Dude with three names!

THEY SHAKE HANDS.

JOEY (cont'd)
How'd you do in there?

BRIAN MICHAEL
Okay, I guess. Look, I know we're in competition for this, but if I don't get it, I hope you do.

JOEY
You're awesome.

BRIAN MICHAEL
(MODEST) No, I'm just Brian Michael Scott.

JOEY
You sure there's not a George in there?

BRIAN MICHAEL
Listen, I got a little inside info for you. You're going to have to scream your lines. The casting director is stone deaf.

JOEY
Poor bastard.

BRIAN MICHAEL
And if he asks you to read it again, only softer... (GREAT SYMPATHY) that's just his pride talking.

JOEY
Proud and deaf. (MOVED) Don't worry, he'll hear me.

A MAN WITH A CLIPBOARD ENTERS.

MAN
Joey Tribbiani?

JOEY
Right here.

Sorry I don't have pages for any of the major parts in this episode, like Brian Michael's part, but hey, this is better than nothing, right?