PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Perfect Storm 10/07/04

Brian Damage
09-30-2004, 10:46 PM
After auditioning for several plays, Joey is disappointed when he receives only the understudy roles. Michael and Joey find out that an apartment is for rent in their complex, and they quickly try to hide the rent sign to prevent Gina from wanting to move in. Joey must figure out how he can be in several places at once when the lead actors in Joey's plays get sick.

barwars
09-30-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Brian Damage
After auditioning for several plays, Joey is disappointed when he receives only the understudy roles. Michael and Joey find out that an apartment is for rent in their complex, and they quickly try to hide the rent sign to prevent Gina from wanting to move in. Joey must figure out how he can be in several places at once when the lead actors in Joey's plays get sick.

Sounds good!! (and more original than "Joey and The Book Club")

Brian Damage
10-06-2004, 07:35 PM
*BUMP*

Brian Damage
10-07-2004, 11:26 AM
As far as I know, this is the episode that will air tonite. Forgive me if it doesn't.

slackermonkey
10-07-2004, 06:03 PM
No, you're right, this is tonight's episode. :)

barwars
10-07-2004, 08:13 PM
hahahahahahaha
not even half over and its the funniest episode yet.

Howie's back!!

Chambers
10-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by barwars
hahahahahahaha
not even half over and its the funniest episode yet.

Howie's back!!

I know!! HOWIE!!

Oh, and BEST ENDING EVER!
I seriously laughed so hard when the cowboys showed up behind him. Perfect ending.

And I can't wait to find out who's moving in to that apartment. It's supposed to be his other sister, right?

TJL
10-07-2004, 08:38 PM
A funny episode. Lots of laughs.

And your right Chambers, the ending was hysterical.

TJL
10-07-2004, 08:40 PM
I also think it's the best episode of the season so far.

barwars
10-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Chambers
And I can't wait to find out who's moving in to that apartment. It's supposed to be his other sister, right?

That's who I was thinking.

And they should never show Alex's husband.... every show needs an unseen character.

slackermonkey
10-07-2004, 08:42 PM
My favorite episode so far is still "Joey and the Student," but this one ranks as my second favorite. Very funny, more Bobbie ("I'm trying to seduce a Mexican soap star!") and yay, Howard came back!

The story really reminded me of one of his audition storylines from "Friends," especially the twist ending. But why didn't Alex come to the play?

When Alex said the new tenant was a girl from New York, I was afraid the rumors of Rachel appearing were true (even though I knew they weren't).

B+

slackermonkey
10-07-2004, 08:43 PM
By the way, Alex's husband will be appearing either next week or the 21st, depending on whether or not NBC changes the order again. :rolleyes:

I agree that an unseen character would be good, but I don't think it should be Alex's husband. He's kind of necessary if they're thinking of pursuing a triangle between him, Joey and Alex.

DukeDevils9192
The sister thing sounds like a spoiler. Please don't post spoilers in non-spoiler threads. I don't know if that's a rule on this board or not, but it's something that people like me really appreciate.

Hilarious episode tonight, the best so far. Even Jennifer Coolidge wasn't annoying.

The cowboys at the end was a priceless touch. Plus, Joey's try at improv was hilarious. Raisin the Cajun. Great.

Can't wait for the series to keep going.

barwars
Originally posted by slackermonkey
My favorite episode so far is still "Joey and the Student," but this one ranks as my second favorite. Very funny, more Bobbie ("I'm trying to seduce a Mexican soap star!") and yay, Howard came back!

The story really reminded me of one of his audition storylines from "Friends," especially the twist ending. But why didn't Alex come to the play?

When Alex said the new tenant was a girl from New York, I was afraid the rumors of Rachel appearing were true (even though I knew they weren't).

B+

If Rachel does guest star.... I'd bet everything I have NBC will promote it like crazy.

Chambers
10-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Alex was not as funny in this episode. I still don't think the writers are sure of where they're taking this character.

barwars
10-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by DukeDevils9192
The sister thing sounds like a spoiler. Please don't post spoilers in non-spoiler threads. I don't know if that's a rule on this board or not, but it's something that people like me really appreciate.

Hilarious episode tonight, the best so far. Even Jennifer Coolidge wasn't annoying.

The cowboys at the end was a priceless touch. Plus, Joey's try at improv was hilarious. Raisin the Cajun. Great.

Can't wait for the series to keep going.

its all speculation.
nobody knows anything.
perfectly fine.

I do have say, Bobbi wasnt as bad in tonight's episode, although I still find her scenes the weakest.

My favorite jokes had to be the Seaworld ones.

barwars
10-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Chambers
Alex was not as funny in this episode. I still don't think the writers are sure of where they're taking this character.

She was a bit off, but Howie made up for it.

slackermonkey
10-07-2004, 09:08 PM
It's a shame that Alex isn't featured as prominently as the other three (she wasn't even at Joey's play), because Andrea Anders is doing a great job with that character.

barwars
10-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by slackermonkey
It's a shame that Alex isn't featured as prominently as the other three (she wasn't even at Joey's play), because Andrea Anders is doing a great job with that character.

Very true, I like her more than Gina anyways.

.... we say this as the board pic and your avatar only feature Joey, Gina and Michael

slackermonkey
10-07-2004, 09:18 PM
I love Gina too, but I really think Andrea Anders is getting the short end of the stick here. NBC's site doesn't list her as one of the stars at all (even though she's obviously a regular) or in their episode descriptions unless they have to mention her.

I'm sure that as the show goes on, she'll get more screentime on the show. In the early episodes of "Friends," Joey and Phoebe were pretty much shafted as far as stories went.

spunkygirl
10-07-2004, 09:32 PM
:rofl: OMG the best episode so far! I LMAO when the cowboys appeared behind Joey.

Howie rules! :D

Brian Damage
10-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Howie should have a spinoff! :lol: Great episode! I think the Alex character is slowly getting better and better. She was so stiff in the pilot. Her personality is starting to come through a little.

slackermonkey
10-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Well, to be fair, she didn't have much to work with in the pilot. She was in three brief scenes, none of which had any material for her to sink her teeth into.

Brad
10-07-2004, 11:33 PM
The best episode thus far.