PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the ratings week 3

Brian Damage
09-24-2004, 11:08 PM
On the first Thursday night of the 2004-2005 television season, Joey continued to struggle in its third week. The episode pulled just 14.6 million viewers, a full one million below the least-watched new Friends episode of all time. It came away with a 9.4 rating and a 16 share, losing seven percent from last week's rating and marking the first time in over a decade that a new episode kicking off NBC's Thursday night lineup has been viewed by less than ten percent of American households with television sets.

In a pattern that is likely to continue throughout the beginning of the season, Survivor: Vanuatu, Islands of Fire had no problem winning the 8:00 hour, beating Joey by two full rating points. Will & Grace did manage to build slightly from Joey's lead-in audience for the second week in a row, which could prompt NBC executives to consider swapping the two shows' timeslots. Meanwhile, the season premiere of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation blew a still-strong episode of The Apprentice 2 out of the water, pulling over 30 million viewers. Thanks in part to the lead-in, Without a Trace topped ER, marking the first time any CBS program has ever bested a first-run episode of the NBC drama. Joey finished the night in seventh place, as shown by the preliminary ratings

Stuck In The '70's
09-24-2004, 11:17 PM
I like Joey but I don't think this is very surprising. Hopefully the ratings won't drop any more. I think CBS ihas the new must see tv lineup with CSI and Without A Trace. Thats a great one two lineup.

Brian Damage
09-25-2004, 12:10 AM
The funny thing is, that story said the show was struggling for ratings. 14.6 is still a very high ranking. Any show on UPN, WB and FOX combined couldn't get that rating.

Nanny Fine
09-25-2004, 12:14 AM
I don't understand numbers of ratings so I just want to know are the ratings good enough to keep Joey running?

Brian Damage
09-25-2004, 12:17 AM
14.6 is 14.6 million viewers of the show. It is not Friends like numbers which were usually in the 20's, but it is still very good.

Nanny Fine
09-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Brian Damage
14.6 is 14.6 million viewers of the show. It is not Friends like numbers which were usually in the 20's, but it is still very good.

So as of now it should keep running?

I love this show ~ I think it has huge potential. Not like FRIENDS but it's still JOEY and I loved him in FRIENDS. I want this show to succeed like I DIDNT want FRIENDS to ever end.

A LOT.

Brian Damage
09-25-2004, 12:22 AM
It has alot of potential and hopefully NBC will be patient with it and let it grow.

Stuck In The '70's
09-25-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by barwars
I just can't handle the idea of a Must See TV lineup with a reality show.
I mean.... both networks have it.

As Conan said last night, NBC is in the hole.
Forget "Must See TV"
we're "Check us out if you have nothing else to do TV"
Although, Joey is great.
And the fact that Bebe Neuwirth is joining the new L&O.... I won't stop watching any time soon. Me neither. Thats why I didn't mention Survivor. Reality TV sucks.

Joker85
09-25-2004, 11:42 PM
I wish these articles would stop comparing the ratings to Friends. It's a different show. It's still probably the highest rating of any other sitcom out there, and definitely the highest rated one on NBC. They need to give him a chance because I think this show really has the potential to shine. If NBC of old hadn't given sitcoms a year to get on their feet, we wouldn't have had shows that are now considered modern day classics like Cheers and Seinfield. Seinfield, considered by a lot to be the greatest sitcom of all time struggled with ratings it's first season. The execs nowadays just can't seem to remember that.

Brian Damage
09-25-2004, 11:54 PM
I agree with you wholeheartedly. The thing is, these ratings are actually very good. Are they winning in its time slot? No. But overall, most new shows would kill for Joey's ratings.

snl75
09-29-2004, 01:46 AM
i also agree with both of you as i said 2 weeks ago im very imperessed with joey i think that nbc problay promised big friends sized numbers to advertisers and are having to worry about make goods because of shortfall thats why theres panic at nbc i myself look forward to joey every thursday almost as much as i looked forward to friends .

spunkygirl
09-29-2004, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by barwars
I just can't handle the idea of a Must See TV lineup with a reality show.
I mean.... both networks have it.

As Conan said last night, NBC is in the hole.
Forget "Must See TV"
we're "Check us out if you have nothing else to do TV"
Although, Joey is great.
And the fact that Bebe Neuwirth is joining the new L&O.... I won't stop watching any time soon.

I agree, I hope the Apprentice dies a painful death :mad:

I think I'm gonna check out L&O I've always like Bebe :)