PDA

View Full Version : Joey and the Book Club 9/30/04

Brian Damage
09-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Joey joins Michael's book club, only to learn that "Pride and Prejudice" is a long read and that his nephew has a short fuse when it comes to losing girls to his cooler, if illiterate, uncle. Meanwhile, Gina hits up Alex for a Hollywood connection to further her hairstyling career.

Brian Damage
09-24-2004, 11:04 PM
I think it wasn't until recently that they started with the Joey and the ______ themes.

Chambers
09-30-2004, 08:50 PM
So what did you think?

Didn't like it that much...the storyline seemed predictable and old. There were still some funny moments, but it didn't live up to the previous two episodes.

barwars
09-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Chambers
So what did you think?

Didn't like it that much...the storyline seemed predictable and old. There were still some funny moments, but it didn't live up to the previous two episodes.

I agree, although I liked the Gina/Alex scenes.

I stand by my initial opinion.... the agent isnt funny.

Chambers
09-30-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by barwars

I stand by my initial opinion.... the agent isnt funny.

She really isn't.

Joker85
09-30-2004, 10:32 PM
I liked it better than last weeks, but not as good as "Episode One." Anyway, some good Michael/Joey, Gina/Alex scenes here. And I also stand by my initial opinion...Jennifer Coolidge as the agent is brilliant! You can tell she is really having a good time with that role. Sure, she's not one that needs to be in every single episode, but when she is in one it's a treat.

Brian Damage
09-30-2004, 10:41 PM
I wasn't to crazy about tonite's episode, but it wasn't bad either. As for the agent, she is tolerable, but in small doses.

Jchapman74
10-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Joey is about the only current running show I watch. I thought last night show was alright. Except for the part with Joey sister, nephew, Alex, the book club people and Joey. lol J/K :)

slackermonkey
10-05-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by barwars
Im liking the "Joey and the blah blah"
They should rename "Episode One", it just doesnt make any sense, its the second episode!!

Episode One's official title is "Joey and the Student," according to both NBC's site and a Warner Bros. press release. For some reason, NBC's description of the episode came out before it had an official title, which is why it was always listed as Episode One. Go figure.