PDA

View Full Version : Jack Grundhofer Kidnapping

Mr. Fuji
09-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Something seems really fishy about this whole deal. First of all, how could he pick the wrong person out of a lineup if he spent hours and hours up close and personal with the kidnapper? The guy that he picked out of the lineup (whose name escapes me...was it Henderson?) is obviously not the kidnapper; there was no physical evidence linking him to the crime, the other eyewitness who saw Grundhofer with the kidnapper said he definitely was not the kidnapper, and you could tell just by watching his reaction to the whole situation that he was innocent. In addition, that eye witness said that when he saw the kidnapping, his initial reaction was that the whole thing was a joke. I don't know, this whole story has scandal written all over it. I wonder if there would be a motive for Grundhofer to have faked the whole thing. It just seems really odd that police wouldn't be able to find the kidnapper of a higher up like Grundhofer, especially one with as little experience as this kidnapper supposedly had. How could he slip through all of the searches if he was such an inexperienced criminal. I don't know, anyone else get that same feeling when watching this segment?

Mr. Fuji
09-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Bump! I really would like everyone's input if they know this case!

crystaldawn
09-28-2004, 01:38 PM
I saw this case recently. It was almost comical to watch, the kidnapper clearly didn't know what he was doing, which was a good thing because no harm came to Mr. Grundhofer. I looked online and there's a lot about Jack Grundhofer, but they only briefly mention his kidnapping and nothing about whether the suspect has ever been captured. I really don't think it was staged, I just figured the man that kidnapped him was angry about the thousand or so jobs they said Mr. Grundhofer eliminated and was somehow affected by that. It reminded me a little of the Annie Laurie Hearin case where she was basically kidnapped because some guy was angry about a business deal involving her husband.

I certainly don't think the man at the end of the story was involved. He just happened to resemble the kidnapper.