PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Scott Booted From "Joey"

TJL
06-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Word is that Ashley Scott has been let go from the new Matt LeBlanc comedy "Joey."

Apparently test audinces didn't warm up to her character, a next door neighbor and potential love intrest for Joey.

Wow. tough time for this gal. Her "Birds Of Prey" series got shot down last year and now she's canned from probaby the biggest new show of the upcoming season.

I wonder if they'll reshoot the pilot?

Anybody hear anthing?

Dean Winchester
06-12-2004, 03:03 PM
well, sometimes the pilots have characters we'll never hear from or see again, she'll probably just end up like Chuck Cunningham or Judy Winslow

TJL
06-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by BuffySlayer79
well, sometimes the pilots have characters we'll never hear from or see again, she'll probably just end up like Chuck Cunningham or Judy Winslow

A very hot Chuck Cunningham.

;)

I think they'll probably reshoot her scenes. They'll probably want to keep the character so Joey can flirt with her.

It wouldn't be a "Friends" spinoff without a whole "will they or won't they" plotline.

Edster2973
06-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by TJL
Word is that Ashley Scott has been let go from the new Matt LeBlanc comedy "Joey."

Apparently test audinces didn't warm up to her character, a next door neighbor and potential love intrest for Joey.

Wow. tough time for this gal. Her "Birds Of Prey" series got shot down last year and now she's canned from probaby the biggest new show of the upcoming season.

I wonder if they'll reshoot the pilot?

Anybody hear anthing?

They are going to reshoot her scenes when they decide on a final actress for the part.

This disappoints me greatly. I loved Ashley as Helena Kyle aka the Huntress on the WB's Birds of Prey, and was looking forward to seeing her weekly again. Also, Ashley's co-star on Birds of Prey was Dina Meyer, who played Barbara Gordon/Oracle, and she was Joey's love interest in an early season episode of Friends. I was hoping that at some point there'd be a reunion of sorts with both ladies vying for Joey's affection...

Alas, it is not meant to be...

Ed

8FF09
06-22-2004, 10:32 AM
Who was she suspose to play on Joey?

Edster2973
06-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 8FF09
Who was she suspose to play on Joey?

She was supposed to play his love interest as the girl living next door. Apparently, when they screentested the pilot, she was the only thing that wasn't favorable. It's too bad. Sometimes things take time to iron out all the kinks. To base the character on the pilot itself seems a bit unfair, but then again, I wasn't there. Who knows? Maybe she stunk...

Ed

TJL
06-22-2004, 07:05 PM
I guess TJ is going to have to find a new pic for this board.

Unless someone wants to display his or her Photoshop skills and erase Miss Scott..

;)

Edster2973
06-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by TJL
I guess TJ is going to have to find a new pic for this board.

Unless someone wants to display his or her Photoshop skills and erase Miss Scott..

;)

Naaahhh, I vote for the time being for it to remain as it is. I mean, eventually the new pic will have to be posted, but for the time being it can stay as it is.

I'm just really disappointed that she's been dropped. I was really looking forward to her involvement in the show. It was the one thing that consoled me about Joey being on his own without the other Friends cast.

I'll still give this show a chance, probably tuning in for the first 13 or so episodes. Most shows need that amount of time to find its voice and Joey, though a spin-off, is in even more dire need to find one if it is to survive, due to the expectation of matching Friends in quality and popularity. I am not expecting the show to be Friends 2 however. I expect better than that. We shall see...

Ed