View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board
Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics
|Register||FAQ||Members List||Photo Galleries||View Today's Active Threads||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines
EPIX Series Gets All-Star Cast
Including Patrick Dempsey; Connie Britton Is a SMILF
06/13 - The Andy Griffith Show - Return to Mayberry
06/13 - The Andy Griffith Show - Return to Mayberry
|Announcements in Forum : Chit Chat - Games|
|09-14-2011 until 12-31-2024|
SitcomsOnline.com Posting Rules (Updated 03/24/17)
Welcome to Sitcoms Online! A few rules and guidelines:
We are a PG site - please do not post any disgusting, vulgar, or offensive topics or pictures. Members are expected to self-moderate themselves within these guidelines. Moderators may edit your post if something is over the line. Mild profanity (words not censored by the chat filter) is discouraged but not prohibited. More severe profanity is blocked by the forum chat filter outright. Do not attempt to circumvent the chat filter.
2. Message Policy: No personal attacks - do not bring your instant messages, private e-mails or messages to the board. Conversely, don't take personal grudges from this site onto other sites. No derogatory comments against other posters, including slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, or political affiliation. No snide remakrs directed toward other users. No personal threats or harassment. No impersonation of other users. Do not act in a matter interpreted as condescending towards other users.
They have just as much right to express their opinion as you. ANY Sitcoms Online user caught making racist and/or derogatory comments towards country, region, or group of people, OR ANY SITCOMS ONLINE MEMBER, will be suspended. This applies to both on-and-off-site harassment of Sitcoms Online members. Any future violations will result in either an extended suspension, or banning. Any moderator caught violating the harassment rule may be subject to revocation of moderator powers either temporarily or permanently.
3. Please do NOT correct other users spelling, punctuation, and/or grammar. This isn't English class - as long as the message is coherent enough to make it's point, that's all we ask.
We do ask that, if possible, you refrain from typing in all-capital letters - many consider this a form of shouting, which is considered a rude behavior. Moderators have the right to edit posts containing all-capital letters at their discretion.
4. No spam or unsolicited advertising is allowed. PERIOD. Spamming the boards, advertising a product, or providing links to illegal material is automatic grounds for banning. This includes linking to full episode downloads or viewing of episodes (such as youtube.com). Short clips or opening intros links are generally ok. No posting links to Unsolved Mysteries segments or clips under any circumstances. Do not post direct links to warez or any other illegal material.
5. Unmarked spoilers are not permitted. A "spoiler" is defined as revealing the outcome of a movie within 3 months of release, or a TV show up to 24 hours after original airing. If you wish to discuss spoilers, please place "SPOILERS" (All Caps) in the thread title, AND use the spoiler box vBcode [spoiler][/spoiler] to post the information. Any post found with spoilers will be edited or deleted without warning.
6. No offensive usernames, avatars, or signatures - they will be removed without warning.
7. Images are not allowed in signatures and please keep the text to no more then 5-10 lines.
8. Do not post simply to raise your post count. It's not a contest to see who can post the most. It's quality over quantity.
9. Don't go to another board to post only negative messages.
10. No multiple usernames unless you have another family member on the same computer.
11. Please use the 'Report this post to a moderator' feature if you find an offensive post. While there are additional moderators for many of the boards, it's impossible to keep up with everything and read all posts.
12. Please contain all discussions about politics and religion to the Chit Chat - Politics/Current Events board. Also, religious and political usernames, avatars, and signatures are once again permitted, within reason...any avatar beyond reason will be subject to action in accordance with rule #2.
13. If you wish to change your screenname, do NOT create a new account to do so. Send a private message to TJ or Seth with what you'd like your new screenname to be. Username changes are limited to one every three months in most circumstances
13. It is against the rules to argue with moderators on the boards when a warning is issued. Members may debate with moderators during the course of normal board discussions, but allow the moderators to do what they are assigned to do.
14. Do not transfer posts from one thread to another. Members have a reasonable expectation that their posts will not end up in other other threads throughout the site.
15. Do not use the words retarded or gay in a derogatory, hurtful or rude way.
Moderators have a right to debate a topic without being bullied for doing their job. If you feel that a moderator has warned you when it wasn't warranted, contact me. I'll review the situation and make the final determination. Do NOT recruit your friends for a gangup on the moderator unless you all want to enjoy an extended time-out.
We want the Sitcoms Online Message Boards to continue to be a safe and friendly place for all to visit and post. Thanks for your support!
Please e-mail or private message me with any additional rules to be added to this list.